Senior AML Officer
Banking and Financial
RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Senior AML Officer to join a leading name in the fintech sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the Senior AML Officer role?
As the AML officer you will be responsible for designing and monitoring internal AML procedures and policies relating to record keeping, reporting, risk assessment, customer due diligence measures, and management control systems. You will also responsible for organizing and training the staff on AML procedures as well as internal disclosures of suspected money laundering or terrorist financing activities and deciding whether or not there is sufficient evidence to warrant a disclosure to the relevant authority.
What will you do as a Senior AML Officer?
● Accountable for the companyís regulatory and compliance obligations
● Overseeing the firmís regulatory and compliance obligations
● The firm maintains its GFSA licence to do business.
● Handle the preparation work and management of inspections by the regulator
● Develop policies and procedures internally relating to KYC and AML in the company and implement and manage these policies
● Work to develop and deliver an AML training program including guidance materials, training resources, and controls
● Update internal handbook on AML policies
● Implement the annual AML plan and perform the relevant quality assurance checks and monitoring to ensure adherence and providing forward looking preventive measures
● Conduct due diligence reviews
● Report results of reviews of AML risk assessments and monitor remedial proceedings
● Identify, investigate, and resolve all activities that are deemed noncompliant.
● Compile reports for the board and internal risk committees
What do you know that makes you a great Senior AML Officer?
● Solid previous AML experience in a compliance position
● A self motivated team player who can build an AML operation in a high paced environment, building effective working relationships within a multinational environment
● Experienced in drafting and implementing KYC/AML/CFT policies and processes ideally in the financial sector industry
● Experienced in leading preparations for audits
● Graduate degree in business studies, law, accounting or specific training in risk management
● Background in investment, banking, insurance or law enforcement
● Extensive knowledge of regulatory and legal framework relating to the business
Salary £60k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.