RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client, who is a worldwide online payment processing business with offices throughout Europe, who need an experienced Release Manager to join their high performance team. Working already with a number of large blue chip organisations, the Group has built a unique solution that empowers the client to process payments in a bespoke way. Born from the Gaming industry, which pulled together a team of experts from Gaming, Fraud, Risk, Banking, IT & Compliance to create a “greenfield” solution specifically tailored from a Merchants perspective to meet the challenges of Online Gaming but applicable to any industry.
What is the plan for the Release Manager role?
Reporting to the Change Release & Security Process Manager, the Release Manager will be accountable for the release lifecycle, scheduling, coordination, and management of releases for all applications across various portfolios. Releases can be inclusive of software/application deployments, operating system/software patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, and project deliveries.
What will you do as a Release Manager?
- Manage all aspects of the end to end release process
- Service release and deployment policy and planning
- Schedule releases and produce a release calendar with release milestones
- Work with project teams, production support teams, and ICT Leads to determine and manage release criteria for all release items
- Develops, audits, monitors and establishes release management processes and policies in support of ensuring completeness, accuracy and consistency.
- Work to create standard deployment checklist for required tasks and roles/responsibilities of participating areas
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to identify release dependencies
- Work with development teams to build tools that will integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Provides expert guidance to build upon quality assurance and release delivery standards to achieve business benefits for all stakeholder groups
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- PCI, OWASP and Security Awareness and rigorously adhere to InfoSec Policies & Procedures and Acceptable Use Policy
- Full support for PCI Compliant SLDC including Change Management process and procedures – ITIL v3 ITSM methodology
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
What do you know that makes you a great Release Manager?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- ITIL Foundation certification an advantage
- Detailed understanding of change, configuration, and release management processes based on ITIL
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Proven track record in striving for continuous improvement and driving efficiencies, whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experience in creating a high-performance culture through target setting, performance evaluation, and employee engagement
- Project Management capabilities with ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team
Salary £40k - £45k based on experience with bonus & excellent package.