Office Manager - Administrator
Administration and Office
- Secretarial Reception and PA
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is an international insurance company who has a great opportunity for a Office Manager - Administrator. The company is a progressive and ambitious company who has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the Office Manager - Administrator role?
To ensure the smooth running of the office and offices, including managing supplies, service providers and IT support.
What will you do as an Office Manager - Administrator?
- Organise internal and external meetings including travel arrangements, accommodation, itineraries and catering
- Review incoming post and emails, and action where necessary
- Manage incoming calls professionally and take messages
- Organise internal and client meetings and entertainment events
- Manage serviced/licensed offices, liaising with clients as required
- Create and maintain an up-to-date filing system
- Maintain records for holiday and sick leave
- Liaise with outsourced IT support provider to ensure office IT runs smoothly and is fit for purpose, managing their performance as required
- Liaison with website provider to ensure website kept up to date
- Maintenance of social media presence
- Oversee the provision of office services and ensure that up to date supplier agreements are in place where necessary. Office services includes (but is not limited to):
- Postal services (incoming and outgoing)
- Stationery & office equipment
- Filing and storage (on and off site)
- Management of office cleaning
- Stocking office consumables (for kitchen, toilets etc)
- General office maintenance – lighting, air conditioning
- Manage maintenance contracts
- Security – entry system and key code register
- Liaison with landlord if this is necessary to resolve any of the above
- Catering requirements
What do you know that makes you a great Office Manager - Administrator?
- Experience of office management essential
- Experience of managing IT support / comms preferred
- A meticulous attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written English
- Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent (written/verbal) communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Knowledge of MS PowerPoint
Minimum 3 ‘A’ levels (C or above), degree preferred
Salary £28k - £33k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.