Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading, niche insurance company who has a great opportunity for a Management Accountant to join this expanding, high performance team based in Gibraltar. The company is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the Management Accountant role?
This is an exciting new role created by the formation of a new entity within the Group. The successful candidate will work with the UK Finance function over time to develop this role to encompass the preparation, production and publication of the monthly management accounts for the Gibraltar entity alongside day to day accounts admin duties and office management. The aim of this role is to create an independent Finance function for the Gibraltar entity.
What will you do as a Management Accountant ?
• Management Accounts – Preparation and production of specific daily/weekly/monthly management and accounting information.
• Debtors - Sales Ledger reconciliations, prepayment calculation & reconciliation and Inter Company reconciliation.
• Creditors - Accrual management, payroll reconciliations.
• Journal Posting - Preparation of journals.
• Daily Bank Reconciliations – Production of daily bank recs.
• Daily Supplier Payments – Processing of supplier payments on the banking platform
• Audit – Involvement with the annual audit including preparation of information requested by external audit teams and assistance with their queries.
• Office Management – Day to day tasks to ensure the smooth running of the office.
• Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
What do you know that makes you a great Management Accountant?
• Previous experience as a management accountant ideally part qualified
• Good knowledge of Excel, including ability to create new reports
• Experience of other reporting tools an advantage but not essential
• Ability to manage own workloads and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• A good work ethic
Salary circa £35k based on experience with benefits package.