RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long established and reputable gaming company who offer long term career growth, excellent salary, relocation assistance, and a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact. They are looking for a Java Developer to work in a fast-paced environment with rapid releases to make a big impact.
What is the plan for the Java Developer role?
We are seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer to integrate a small agile team of highly motivated professionals dedicated to improve current production software and develop new features using the most adequate design patterns and technologies available in the market. You must be able to integrate a team where its individuals are seeking for challenges on a daily basis, thus pushing them to be top of the notch developers.
You are expected to be able to identify the value and long term benefits of the code standards established and follow them to cope with the underlying requirement of this team: deliver solutions with high code quality standards, highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable and extensible.
You are also expected to be an individual who drives himself out of its comfort zone, daily trying to improve skills and knowledge. You should feel highly uncomfortable when you don’t understand a variable that affects your systems.
You need able to communicate and articulate your ideas clearly, preferably supporting your arguments with diagrams (using the following subset of UML: Class/Object and Sequence diagrams).
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
● Design and develop multi-component software systems, including hardware and infrastructural aspects of design.
● Understand and communicate technical strategy within the team.
What do you know that makes you a great Java Developer?
● 3 - 5 years’ commercial experience.
● NoSQL databases AND/OR In-Memory Data Grid experience.
● Java 7+
● JQuery and JQueryUI
● Spring (Core, MVC, Security, Integration)
● Messaging (JMS, ActiveMQ)
● Testing frameworks: JUnit, Mockito – or equivalent
● Logging frameworks: SL4J, Logback, Log4J
● Maven 3
○ Message-oriented architecture
○ Service-oriented architecture
● Jenkins/Hudson experience ● Push technologies experience (WebSockets) ● AngularJS
● knockoutJS ● BootstrapJS ● backboneJS ● Jasmine ● jsTestDriver ● Vertx or NodeJS
Salary up to £48k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.