IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long established and reputable gaming company who offer long term career growth, excellent salary, relocation assistance, and a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact. They need an experienced Java Developer to integrate a small agile team of highly motivated professionals dedicated to improve current production software and develop new features using the most adequate design patterns and technologies available in the market.
What is the plan for the Java Developer role?
We are seeking a highly skilled Software Developer to join an agile team of highly motivated professionals dedicated to improving current production software and develop new features using the most adequate design patterns and technologies available in the market. You are expected to be able to identify the value and long term benefits of the code standards established and follow them to cope with the underlying requirement of this team: deliver solutions with high code quality standards, highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable and extensible.
What will you do as a Java Developer?
● Design and develop multi-component software systems, including hardware and infrastructural aspects of design;
● Understand and communicate technical strategy within the team;
● Question other team elements designs and commits;
● Deliver developments with unit test coverage above 75% mark;
● Produce technical approach documentation to form the basis of project implementations;
● Provide, detailed estimates and report on progress;
● Commitment to maintain systems operations 24/7 (both UAT and LIVE environments);
What do you know that makes you a great Java Developer?
Experience with the current stack that includes but not limited to:
• Java 8+
• Mongo DB
• Spring Ecosystem (spring-boot, spring-data, spring-integration, etc.)
• Kubernetes, Docker
• 3+ years of professional development experience in java (preferably java 8).
• Experience with spring-boot.
• Experience in service oriented architecture.
• Problem solver and passionate about delivering high quality software.
• Knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks.
● Jenkins/Hudson experience
● Push technologies experience (WebSockets)
● AngularJS, knockoutJS
● BootstrapJS, backboneJS
● Jasmine, jsTestDriver
● Vertx or NodeJS
Salary £40k - £48k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.