Internal Bank Auditor
Banking and Financial
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is an expanding local banking institution who has a great opportunity for an Internal Bank Auditor to join this high performance team based in Gibraltar. The company is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the Internal Bank Auditor role?
The internal bank auditor position is responsible to the Board of Directors (the Board) for the internal auditing and reviewing of all functions performed by bank personnel. This position maintains and updates auditing procedures as regulated by the Board and regulatory agencies and reports to the Board results of the audits conducted. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement
What will you do as an Internal Bank Auditor?
• Develop a comprehensive internal audit program for the bank. Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit program.
• Coordinate the department’s activities with the independent CPA and all applicable regulatory agencies and examiners to best utilise available resources and achieve established objectives.
• Assist Audit Committee in fulfilment of its duties and responsibilities.
• Meet with Audit Committee annually to discuss and approve the department’s scope and schedule for the coming year and periodically to review and discuss audit findings and other matters at other such times as necessary
• Review bank practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
• Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency and the adequacy of bank records and recordkeeping.
• Report audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
• Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
• Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
What do you know that makes you a great Internal Bank Auditor?
• Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor
• Minimum of five years’ experience in related auditing position
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Sound independent judgement
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance
Salary based on experience with bonus & benefits package.