IT Infrastructure and Services Engineer
IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading egaming company who has a great opportunity for a IT Infrastructure and Services Engineer to join this high performance team based in Gibraltar. The company is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the IT Infrastructure and Services Engineer role?
To ensure the continuous availability of all systems that comprise or support the operation of the company back-office systems.
To work closely with Divisional Infrastructure leads and Central Operations team to ensure a best in class service.
What will you do as a IT Infrastructure and Services Engineer ?
• To ensure all internal policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
o Manage Problem, Tasks and Request tickets.
o Manage queues according to the change management process.
o Handling Resource Management.
o Manage IT Service Continuity, proposing improvements where necessary.
• Administer and support infrastructure relating to critical services
• Ensure high availability across services
• Provide technical documentation
• Maintain security and capacity of key services
• Provide guidance/assistance on technical issues.
• Engage with Projects to provide appropriate technical guidance and assistance.
• Ensure the compliance of implemented solutions to the appropriate platform; to the required Design and Implementation Processes.
• Report on the technical status of projects / work packages in accordance with Project Lifecycle standards and methods.
• Ensure that the necessary infrastructure documentation is available to facilitate the effective management of the computing infrastructure.
• Support the transition of core and shared services into Production.
• Ensure compliance with the computing infrastructure standards and processes with a focus on security.
• Collaborating with colleagues across the Chapters on a global level when required
• Deliver local and global projects to time and to budget
• On rota in office hours
What do you know that makes you a great IT Infrastructure and Services Engineer ?
• 2+ years in a similar role.
• Strong understanding of Windows Technical Architecture
• Ability to Administer and maintain computing infrastructure
• Ability to utilise administrative tools to support computing infrastructure.
• Understanding and experience in the support of computing infrastructure for High Availability.
• Experience Microsoft and Linux server operating systems
• Experience of database technologies (MS SQL Server and MySQL)
• Knowledge of scripting(Powershell and Bash scripting) with error handling
• Knowledge of TOIL tasks and how to automate manual processes
• Knowledge of Virtualisation Platforms (VMware).
• Experience of delivering Enterprise projects to a high standard
• Cisco device management and advanced network knowledge.
• Office 365 administration
• Sophos: (or similar technology)
• Exposure to Cloud technologies (preferably Amazon)
• Knowledge of JIRA and support functions
• Knowledge of Manage Engine (Desktop central) or other remote deployment / administrative tools
Salary £35k - 40k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.