Head of Pricing
Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a fast-growing multi-national business operation which provides travel insurance in the UK, Europe and Australia. They are looking for a Head of Pricing to report to the Insurance Director and help in maximising competitive advantage through changes to retail price while simultaneously maintaining solid underwriting performance to targets agreed with the insurance partners.
What will you do as a Head of Pricing?
• Conducting data analysis and delivering pricing strategy.
• Delivering complex price optimisation models, managing price changes, monitoring performance and tracking market position.
• Creating experiments to investigate price elasticity and to assess lifetime value/customer behaviour.
• Ongoing testing/reviewing of the pricing infrastructure and to recommend improvements.
• Working with key internal stakeholders from Gibraltar and the UK, such as operations, sales, marketing, finance and IT to deliver projects and improve results.
• Presenting insights,producing reports, analysing loss ratios and tracking competitor pricing.
• Potential to grow and manage a bigger pricing team in Gibraltar.
What do you know that makes you a great Head of Pricing?
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Mathematical or scientific background educated to degree level.
• Ability to present complex technical results in a non-technical way.
• Knowledge of using SAS and/or VBA.
• Familiar with GLMs and predictive analytics.
• Advanced level MS Office knowledge, particularly Excel, Word andPowerPoint.
• Experience in designing and implementing new areas of opportunity.
• Experience in creating and/or leading a pricing team within the financial services sector.
• Actuarial qualification, part-qualification or training preferred.
• Knowledge of products such as Emblem, Earnix or other similar packages used for pricing.
Salary very competitive based on experience plus package.