RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long established and reputable gaming company who offer long term career growth, excellent salary, relocation assistance, and a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact.
What is the plan for the Software Engineer role?
As a full stack developer, you will form part of a small and dynamic team focusing exclusively on the design, development, testing and maintenance of bespoke software systems. You will demonstrate a passion for good design and coding practices, and a desire to develop new cutting-edge solutions, whilst maintaining the highest levels of performance and security. Software engineers are expected to have a background or experience in software architecture and design, and product and project management skills all within an agile development environment.
What will you do as a Software Engineer ?
• Researching, designing and writing new software programs
• Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification, and presenting ideas for system improvements
• Work closely with analysts, designers, staff and end users
• Produce detailed technical specifications
• Use test driven development, acceptance and regression tests to ensure feature quality in controlled, real situations before going live
• Maintain the systems once up and running through monitoring, performance optimisation and correcting software bugs etc.
• Continually update technical knowledge and skills through self-learning, investigating new technologies, and accessing new applications.
What do you know that makes you a great Software Engineer ?
• Preferably 3+ years developing back/mid office business systems, and consumer facing web-based applications
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject an advantage
• Proven software development experience in server-side technologies including C#, PHP and Node.js
• Exposure to SOAP and RESTful APIs
• Understanding of responsive design frameworks such as bootstrap
• Knowledge of MVC software architecture and frameworks incl. ASP.NET, Angular, and/or Laravel
• Exposure to version control systems preferably GIT
• Automated testing using a variety of MS Test, NUnit, CodedUI, Selenium and Jasmine would be useful
• Working within standard DevOps processes & procedures
• Excellent relational database skills with MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server
• Knowledge of document orientated database structures such as MongoDB, CouchDB
• Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure and Azure DevOps environments
• Understanding of common web security threats and vulnerabilities, and how to reduce their risks
• Knowledge of Information Security best practices
Salary £30k - 35k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.