Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading insurance company who need an experienced Financial Director to head up this existing team. The company have offices in the UK with enviable profit and turnover figures. This role is to ultimately be the FD /MD of the Gibraltar group of companies within the European group structure and requires someone to be hands on and authorised by the local regulator.
- Financial Accounting: Responsible for producing the year-end financial accounts; liaising with the company's auditors, production of statutory accounts and lodgement of the company's tax return.
- Financial Reporting: Presenting financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Management Accounting : Responsible for producing annual budgets and quarterly management accounts and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Staff Management - Responsible for managing the locally based accounts team.
- Management Information: Producing regular financial analysis and responding to questions from the Board of Directors.
- Accounting Systems : Responsible for reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls where appropriate.
- Expenditure Control : Responsible for monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate making recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets.
- Regulatory reporting: Preparation and filing of returns to the FSC, monitoring capital adequacy requirements and reporting to Senior Management and the Board of Directors that the firm remains compliance with Regulations.
- You will already live in the local area
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified.
- Solid accountancy experience within a senior financial management role ideally in an insurance company.
- Extensive experience and a thorough working knowledge of computerised accounting systems (ideally Sage Line 200) and spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative, within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ideally hands-on experience of FSC compliance.
- Experience of preparation for year-end audit
Salary befitting of this senior role with excellent package.