Accountancy and Insurance
Thanks for interest in this role but it is currently on hold due to the current situation with Covid-19. Feel free to send us your CV for when this situation changes – email@example.com
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a leading insurance company with a global footprint, who has a great opportunity for a Financial Controller to join this high performance team. The group has nearly 230 employees, is moving into an expansion phase, is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What will you do as a Financial Controller?
1. Manage the other 3 members of the Finance team, identify their personal development needs, monitor and mentor the team to ensure their performance meets the required standards.
2. Support the Accounts Assistants in reviewing their preparation and posting of journals for month end up to production of the monthly Management Accounts.
3. Preparation of management accounts at month end.
4. Supervision of monthly Credit Control and circulation of reports to Management.
5. Preparation and production of the IFRS Statutory Accounts.
6. Preparation of regulatory and tax returns
7. Primary preparer of all Solvency II returns
You must live locally already
What do you know that makes you a great Financial Controller?
Previous experience in an Financial Controller role within the insurance industry
Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Experience in use of insurance systems and familiarity with the insurance market is preferred.
Willingness to work towards CII qualifications
Recently qualified or close to qualified in a recognised Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, etc).
Salary based on experience with benefits package.