Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long-established and reputable insurance company who offer long term career growth, excellent salary, and a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact.
What is the plan for the Financial Accountant role?
Reporting to the General Manager the remit of this role covers all aspects of insurance accounting, asset and investment reporting and regulatory reporting, monitoring and analysis as well as the implementation of a new accounting system.
The role requires a motivated and hardworking candidate with strong analytical, time management and organisational skills and a focus on data quality and control. Candidates will be qualified in a recognised accounting qualification within the previous two years, ideally with experience of financial reporting processes for Financial Services Groups. Some travel will be required.
What will you do as a Financial Accountant?
• Assist with the technical insurance accounting for the Company in line with IFRS
• Prepare regular MI and reporting for internal Boards and Committees, as well as external parties.
• Significant involvement in the implementation of a new accounting system
• Significant involvement in the preparation of statutory financial statements for the Company.
• Provide additional general support and complete ad-hoc tasks as required.
• Provide solvency reporting input to regular monthly Management Information prepared by the Group Finance team
What do you know that makes you a great Financial Accountant?
• Newly qualified in a recognised accounting qualification
• Good knowledge of financial controls and exposure to data quality assurance processes
• Experience of working within the Gibraltar Financial Services industry preferred, ideally with Insurance experience
• Self motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude towards work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Ideally trained in an external audit firm or with internal audit experience
Salary £40k+ based on experience with benefits package.