Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a diverse and very successful company, who has a great opportunity for a driven and ambitious Finance Director to head up its finance team in Gibraltar. You will be an experienced Finance Director looking for your next challenging and rewarding opportunity. This is a demanding role to financially manage the Gibraltar arm of the Group with interests in a variety of different sectors, globally.
What is the plan for the Finance Director role?
Involves working with the senior leadership team and the Group Chairman to help drive the business forward with minimum risk, sound financial analysis and decision making as well as working with the finance team to drive efficiency and improvement, tight cost control and enhanced profitability and playing a key role in raising finance for complex property development programmes and longer term finance for growth.
What will you do as a Finance Director?
1. Lead and inspire the finance team to provide relevant high-quality financial information and maintain strong collaborative relationships across the business.
2. Manage banking relationships and work with the Chairman in arranging suitable finance and refinancing.
3. Engage with senior team members across the Group and with other stakeholders as required.
4. Enhance internal controls, processes and procedures for the tight financial control of development and other projects.
5. Preparation of a monthly, quarterly and annual reports at project and company level. For internal, Group and bank reporting.
6. Manage and control year end audit.
7. Liaising with advisors and ensure sound tax planning.
What do you know that makes you a great Finance Director?
You will be able to demonstrate a history of delivering successfully at a senior level, be an experienced individual with the ability to learn and grasp complex issues quickly and deliver results and be someone who takes full ownership of and pride in financially managing the business and delivering accurate financial information.You will also be ideally fully conversant with the legal side of financial funding agreements and have the ability to interpret, understand and identify potential legal issues in finance related agreements and advise and resolve accordingly in the best interest of the business.
• A fully qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
• An experienced manager of people
• Used to delivering high quality results in a changing environment and with competing priorities under time constraints .
• Ideally have experience of raising finance and dealing with lawyers and senior bankers
• Ideally have experience of financially managing a property business
• Imaginative, motivated, enthusiastic and organised
• Driven by attention to detail and getting 100% accuracy
• Extremely commercial and experience in an entrepreneurial environment is advantageous.
Salary circa £90k based on experience with bonus & benefits package.