IT Internet and Technology
- Online Gaming
RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist to join a successful and diverse gaming operation with online betting and gaming websites. Due to their continued success and expansion in the UK and abroad, our client is on the lookout for enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated people who want to begin or continue their career in the online gaming industry. In return our client offers a diverse and exciting working environment and comprehensive training and support that actively encourages their people to develop and work up the organizational structure. In addition, an excellent benefit package is on offer that rewards their employees for their loyalty and hard work.
What is the plan for the Data Scientist role?
This exciting opportunity is part of the mission to put data and insight at the core of the organisation. You will define, deliver and implement powerful Advanced Analytics/Machine Learning/Statistical/Predictive Models to support the Head of Insight & Analytics and wider business.
This is an incredible opportunity for an individual who wants to use their skills to truly have a demonstrable impact.
What will you do as a Data Scientist?
• Work with Head of Insight & Analytics and stakeholders on the implementation, analysis and reporting of predictive and advanced analytics models.
• Be proactively involved in maximising the potential for advanced analytics in delivering actionable insight, business uplift and revenue enhancement.
• Own the performance and maintenance of your models in production.
• Ensure approach issufficiently documented based on CRISP-DM or similar methodology.
• Deliver ad hoc analytical projects and / or research as required.
• Support the development of new data systems and processes and ensure these are utilised effectively within the team, identifying continual areas of improvement.
What do you know that makes you a great Data Scientist?
• An excellent understanding of Advanced Analytics/Machine Learning/Statistical/Predictive modelling.
• Proven expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
• Demonstrable ability to successfully output value enhancing work with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience of complex querying of databases (Ideally Microsoft SQL) and data manipulation with significant volumes of data.
• Experience working with advanced analytical/data mining tools. I.e. IBM SPSS Modeller, KMIME, R, SAS or similar (Ideally IBM SPSS Modeller).
• Flexible and responsive with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• A PhD (preferably) or MSc in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or a similarly quantitative field.
• Solid tech knowledge including Python/R/SQL/Data storage understanding/ETL Processes
• Experience in a commercial, transaction focused environment (Online Gaming a plus).
Salary £50k - 60k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.