Client Accountant - Insurance
Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are looking for a Client Accountant for our client who is a long established and reputable insurance company who offer long term career growth, excellent salary and a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact. You will act as the focal point for managed insurance clients providing financial services regulatory services, assist with compliance and company secretary services to agreed standards, supporting managed insurers in obtaining and retaining insurance licenses.
What will you do as a Client Accountant?
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Provide ongoing statutory and regulatory compliance through preparation and submission of various monthly, quarterly and annual returns ensuring local/EU requirements, particularly with regards to solvency calculations, are met.
- Maintain statistics for monitoring the insurance programme and claims development and other key ratios.
- Provide suitable management information to managed insurers, including budgets and forecasts and monitoring of performance and reporting where performance deviates from agreed business plan or is not compliant with FSC requirements.
- Manage the audit process by acting as key contact and by providing all requested information to the company’s auditors.
- Take responsibility for your own performance in respect of workflow and process flow ensuring that identified service standards are met at all times.
- Identify and facilitate relevant training for yourself.
- Be prepared to attend Board and committee meetings, take any minutes and circulate them to all parties in good time.
- Assist in the management of the company’s assets, keeping abreast of interests rates and fixed income yields and obtaining the best returns available within the investment strategy
What do you know that makes you a great Client Accountant?
Qualified or part qualified accountant – insurance experience is not necessary but preferred
Financials – sound accounting knowledge, including production of monthly management accounts, quarterly and annual returns, maintenance of books and records, preparation of business plans and projections
Ideally good understanding of the reinsurance function and accounting for it
Understand the banking system
Have some knowledge of the admissibility rules and investment process.
Understanding of money laundering regulations and their potential impact on the company and on our managed insurer clients
Salary £35k based on experience with benefits package.