RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading egaming company who has a great opportunity for a 1st Line Support Engineer to join this high performance team based in Gibraltar. The company is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the 1st Line Support Engineer role?
As a Support Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for the handling of Service Requests and Incidents passed your way by the Service Desk, as well as liaising with Business Units and 3rd Parties where necessary. Be required to provide operational support for the core business applications, desktop and hardware support, covering a range of technologies including Windows 8/10, Server 2012, IP telephony, networks, as well as peripherals and bespoke applications.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday; 9am - 5.30pm
What will you do as a 1st Line Support Engineer?
• Incident Management
o Ownership of calls and manage them through to resolution
o Ensuring open calls are updated in a timely fashion
o Business communication of Incidents
o Handling priority (P1 and P2) calls, making sure initial triage is completed before following escalation process
o First-time-fix of Incidents
• Backup & Tape Management
• 1st Line Support
o Troubleshooting calls through to resolution
o Equipment procurement (quotation production, raise PO, order and allocate)
o Roll out of new hardware/ software
o Asset Management
o Fulfilment of User Access requests in line with IT process
o Ad-hoc admin duties where required (including reporting, information requests, etc)
• Proactive System Monitoring, reacting appropriately to in-house monitoring systems
• Provide Remote Hands service to 3rd line Support for Data Centre / Server / Network related tasks
• Assistance with the planning and delivery of desk moves within the office when required
What do you know that makes you a great 1st Line Support Engineer?
• Previous experience of working within a customer facing Helpdesk/ Support/ Operations environment
• Background knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, MS Office 10/13/365, Exchange & Active Directory preferable
• PC hardware knowledge including fault diagnosis
• ITIL awareness/Service management best practice
• Knowledge or experience of Incident logging and Incident Management lifecycle
• Knowledge in the Gaming and Sports industry desirable
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary £25k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.