Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a niche motor insurance company who has a great opportunity for an Underwriter. The company were established nearly 15 years ago and write business for the motor industry in UK and Ireland. They have modern and efficient systems that enables the business and claims processing from UK based service providers to be executed with ease.
What will you do as a Underwriter?
• Maintenance of all Policy Wordings for the Company’s suite of products including any regulatory documentation (eg IPID’s);
• Maintenance of all Policy Documentation for the Company’s suite of products (eg Certificates of Motor Insurance, Schedules of Insurance)
• Creation and Maintenance of Underwriting Guides and Product Schema
• Management of the Change Request Process with outsourced providers through the development, implementation and post live process.
• Where necessary in relation to specific Risks, supporting the Company’s Senior Underwriter review the suitability and performance of internal controls but always doing so when monitoring activities, processes or departments of the Company or its outsourced partners;
• Providing monitoring performance management information to the Senior Underwriter for escalation to the Pricing and Performance committee; and
What do you know that makes you a great Underwriter?
• Solid experience working in the motor insurance industry as an underwriter
• Possesses a knowledge of motor policy wordings
• Be able to construct policy wordings
• Have experience in writing underwriting rules/guides for product specifications
• Market awareness and understanding of the Retail market dynamics and the various distribution channels
Salary £40k+ based on experience plus package.