DevOps Automation Engineer
IT Internet and Technology
|RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client one of the best known and highly regarded companies within the online gaming industry. They are looking for a talented DevOps Automation Engineer to join this high performance team and make a real difference to the company success. They have an awesome multi-cultural work environment with all the normal break out areas and a progressive and creative environment.
What is the plan for the DevOps Automation Engineer role?
Attitude is just as important as experience with a particular set of tools. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together, and we’re looking for people with great communication and interpersonal skills, who can communicate easily with other individuals who have various levels of technical expertise.
Passionate about Software Engineering, you must be able to integrate into a team of professionals who are continuously looking to make improvements. You must also be self motivated, and able to drive yourself out of your comfort zone to try and improve your skills and knowledge.
What will you do as a DevOps Automation Engineer?
● Automation of processes and daily routines.
● Design, implement and administer software build & deployment systems and environments.
● Work with development, operations, testing and others to identify and resolve bottlenecks in the path to production.
● You will be required to carry out deployments and deliver continual improvement, reducing roll backs, increasing the number of successful increments to live, improving traceability, stability and uptime.
● You will ensure operational issues are resolved rapidly and with minimum disruption, by providing the appropriate support to team members.
● Work with Software Development teams to improve the readiness for Operational Deployment.
● You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern with other engineers.
What do you know that makes you a great DevOps Automation Engineer?
● Solid experience in software engineering.
● Experience with implementing automated build processes.
● Proficient with Linux system administration, including storage, networks, and software.
● Ideally knowledge of one of these languages: Java, Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash, Go.
● Deliver changes through a CICD pipeline (Jenkins or Gitlab).
● Experience with cloud architectures (preferable AWS).
Salary £35k - £44k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.