Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading insurance company who need an experienced Financial Controller to head up this high performance team. The company have offices in the UK and Europe with enviable profit and turnover figures and are continuing to grow.
- Financial Accounting: Responsible for producing the year-end financial accounts; liaising with the company's auditors, production of statutory accounts and lodgement of the company's tax return.
- Financial Reporting: Presenting financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Management Accounting : Responsible for producing annual budgets and quarterly management accounts and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Management Information: Producing regular financial analysis and responding to questions from Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Accounting Systems : Responsible for reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls where appropriate.
- Expenditure Control : Responsible for monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate making recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets.
- General Ledger : Responsible for maintaining the General Ledger; setting up new accounts and cost centres when required; ensuring reconciliation of control accounts; ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centres.
- Purchase Ledger: Responsible for accurate processing of all supplier invoices.
- Regulatory reporting: Preparation and filing of returns to the FSC, monitoring capital adequacy requirements and reporting to Senior Management and the Board of Directors that the firm remains compliance with Regulations.
- You will already live in the local area
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA part or fully qualified.
- 5+ years' accountancy experience within a financial management role.
- Experience management accounts and end of year financial accounts.
- Extensive experience and a thorough working knowledge of computerised accounting systems (ideally Sage Line 200) and spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative, within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience of preparation for year-end audit
Salary circa £50k based on experience.