RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a IT Service Desk Manager to join a successful and diverse gaming operation with online betting and gaming websites. Due to their continued success and expansion in the UK and abroad, our client is on the lookout for enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated people who want to begin or continue their career in the online gaming industry. In return our client offers a diverse and exciting working environment and comprehensive training and support that actively encourages our people to develop and work up the organizational structure. In addition, an excellent benefit package is on offer that rewards their employees for their loyalty and hard work.
What is the plan for the IT Service Desk Manager role?
We are seeking a highly motivated IT Service Desk Manager to join the team of skilled professionals. Attitude is just as important as experience with a set of tools. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together. They are looking for colleagues with great communication and interpersonal skills, who can communicate easily with other people who have various levels of technical expertise.
The IT Service Desk Manager will be responsible for the Windows team and Service Desk Teams, covering Desktop Support, Corporate Security, Networking, User Storage, Windows, PC’s, Mobile, Laptops and licensing.
You will primarily be responsible for leading the service delivery to the internal customer base.
You must be able to integrate into a team where its individuals are looking for challenges on a daily basis, thus pushing them to be top of the notch professionals. You must also be passionate about new technology such as cloud offerings and be self-motivated. You need to also be able to drive yourself out of your comfort zone daily, trying to improve your skills and knowledge.
What will you do as a IT Service Desk Manager?
● Manage staff development through appraisals and development plans.
● Manage Virtualisations technology including VMware, Horizon and ESXi.
● Deep understanding of DHCP/ DNS, Active Directory /FSMO roles and GPO.
● Exchange 2010/ O365 Cloud administration with migration experience.
● Business case creation with the ability to detail relevant information.
● Budget control, supporting the head of infrastructure.
● Networking skills with an understanding of typical TCP/ UDP ports and the ability to test for required firewall changes.
● Promote the vision of a future Cloud/ Hybrid architecture/design supporting an HA environment.
● Maintain internal security standards, administering and developing internal antivirus, DLP and authentication software and hardware technology.
● Explore and evaluate new techniques and tools.
● Automation of processes and daily routines.
What do you know that makes you a great IT Service Desk Manager?
● 3+ years’ experience in IT Management.
● Experience with full life-cycle engineering (design, test, commission, administration).
● Proficient with Windows system administration, including Server, storage, networks, and software.
● Working knowledge of fundamental protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS).
● Working experience with continuous integration/continuous development.
● Highly motivated to embrace and promote High Availability.
● Strong focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability.
● Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently.
● Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
● Staff management and soft skills.
● Windows Server 2008r2 – 2016.
● Exchange 2010 Full Administration.
● Active Directory/ Domain Administration.
● Experience with cloud architectures.
● Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira/ Confluence).
● Flexible team player.
You will have the opportunity to learn more (or share your knowledge) on the following:
● Cloud technology.
● Hybrid Architecture.
● Exchange Migration and High Availability.
● VMware virtualized environment.
● Highly available enterprise environments utilising load-balancing network devices and proxy services.
● Monitoring solutions.
Beneficial to your application:
● MCSE/ MCSA
● Exchange 70-345 / 70-662
● VCP/ VCA Certification
Salary £55k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.