Project Manager (Software Dev)
IT Internet and Technology
|RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a worldwide online payment processing business who need a Project Manager to join their high performance team. Working already with a number of large blue chip organisations, the Group has built a unique solution that empowers the client to process payments in a bespoke way. Born from the Gaming industry, which pulled together a team of experts from Gaming, Fraud, Risk, Banking, IT & Compliance to create a “greenfield” solution specifically tailored from a Merchants perspective to meet the challenges of Online Gaming but applicable to any industry.
What is the plan for the Project Manager role?
Reporting directly to the Head of Programme Office, the Project Manager is accountable for the implementation and delivery of assigned software development orientated projects to the Company’s internal and external clients. The Project Manager will work as a member of the Programme Office team to ensure key deliverables are met. Responsible for your individual performance targets and working with the various internal and external clients to deliver a Product Roadmap, you will have a direct impact on the Company’s revenue through evolving requirements.
What will you do as a Project Manager?
• Accountable for delivery of assigned projects to time, budget and quality, subject to change control.
• Support the PgMO team members in all aspects of project analysis and implementation against the online/mobile roadmap for the company
• Support Business Analysts in eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to drive and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Project Plans, Gantt charts, change management lifecycle documents.
• Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide project methodologies.
• Identify, track and resolve Risks, Issues and Actions for assigned projects.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, working to agreed project priorities.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans and commitments, leading by example to encourage commitment from the wider team to deliver to challenging timescales.
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business units (Internal and External clients), technology teams and support teams, taking responsibility as the primary point of contact for assigned external clients for any project related work/service requests and to manage customers’ expectation towards feasible project delivery
What do you know that makes you a great Project Manager?
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant roles as a project manager of internal projects, preferably within the online gaming / eCommerce industry.
• Experience of working within small project teams (< 12) on international projects with remote business users.
• Working experience with project templates (Microsoft Project) and process management tool, project charters.
• Must have Solid Interpersonal skills /Communication (written and verbal) skills to C Level.
• Are knowledgeable about various sales channels, methodologies, and pricing practices specific to the payment processing space and can demonstrate diversity.
• Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• PRINCE 2, Agile experience preferential
Salary circa £50k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.