RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Security Operations Engineer to join a leading online betting and gaming company, with a strong track record of digital innovation. As a pure online business with a mobile first ethos that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the leisure betting and gaming market; they have sustained rapid growth over the last few years and are expanding further.
What is the plan for the Security Operations Engineer role?
We are seeking a hands-on security engineer to join our digital engineering team to help secure our cloud infrastructure, network, and applications vital to supporting our growth.
You can drive vision and scope, define approaches, evaluate vendor offerings, and implement tools, with speed and at scale. You are experienced in security, public and private cloud-based infrastructure, and tools delivery. We are looking for someone who has experience with security aspects of software development as well as automation and orchestration technologies.
Given the broad scope of the role, learning and growth are primary goals. Attitude is just as important as experience with a particular set of tools. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together, and we're looking for colleagues with great communication and interpersonal skills, who can talk accessibly with other people of varying levels of technical expertise.
What will you do as a Security Operations Engineer?
• Drive technology vision for secure, scalable cloud applications, network and infrastructure within the company.
• Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, network and systems security.
• Perform security assessments of core corporate and cloud infrastructure.
• Lead the technical implementation and integration of tools and services for authentication, authorisation, data security, policy management, auditing and compliance.
• We want you to manage the adoption of tooling and industry best practices among development and operations teams.
• Work with development, operations, network, testing and others to identify security gaps and harden our clients, servers and networks against exploitation.
• Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse.
• Research, evaluate, and develop new tools to improve all security aspects.
• Leverage DevOps tools to support continuous integration and deployment pipelines to maintain and monitor security tools to ensure maximum availability and reliability.
• Collaborate with other engineering & business teams to execute against the vision and roadmap.
• Influence your colleagues about the right way to build and operate secure software.
What do you know that makes you a great Security Operations Engineer?
• 3+ years hands-on security experience, with in-depth knowledge of security, scaling, and software engineering practices.
• A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies.
• Knowledge of the threat landscape and experience with attacks and mitigation methods.
• Experience working in a compliant environment: ISO/PCI.
• Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions.
• Understanding of DevOps practices.
Salary Up to £40k to £55k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.