Marketing, PR and Web Design
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Marketing Analyst to join a leading online betting and gaming company, with a strong track record of digital innovation. As an online focused business, with a mobile first ethos they brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the leisure betting and gaming market; they have sustained rapid growth over the last few years and are expanding further.
What is the plan for the Marketing Analyst role?
A newly created role reporting into the Director of Sports Brands Analytics, the role holder will be driving insights from all our sources of data, from traditional DW environments, our new Real Time Marketing and CRM capabilities, Google Cloud & Power BI.
At a genuinely exciting time to join the sports brands team as we leverage a suite of new technology to use data to enhance, customise and personalise our products and customer journeys – you will be linking these insights and analyses into stakeholders across brand, promotions, CX, CRM, as well as partnering with the central BI & data science team on key projects and initiatives.
What will you do as a Marketing Analyst?
The role has 2 broad but primary focuses – to perform proactive, deep analysis of customer behaviour and trends to drive thinking on marketing & product performance and proposition – and, to create visualisations and dashboards in PowerBI to share with the wider marketing, product and BI community
• Work across and interact with the Sports Brands verticals to answer business questions from across the Sports Brands vertical using data and analytic techniques, providing fact based responses to drive data driven decisions
• Data preparation: define, transform and structure data so that the data is ready for analysis by the business
• Deployment and roll out of analytical solutions developed with the Central BI team such as dashboard and models as required providing the business with meaningful visibility of business performance
• Work with the team / business to prototype reports as and when required
• Work effectively with business counterparts to conceive, specify, pilot and implement analytical applications and tools
• Use abstract thinking and problem solving skills to identify business opportunities and pinpoint problems for the management teams across the sports brands verticals
• Report on historical fact presenting analysis of previous trends and meaningful comparisons to drive effective decision making going forward
• Create new measures and dimensions within the data as needed to solve the problem at hand
• Find and implement analytical approaches to decision making optimisation
• Effectively execute and contribute to analytical projects to meet the needs of the business stakeholders
• Drive those analytical projects though to delivery and embed them within the organisation
• Look for ways of working with the rest of the BI team to fully automate where the same analysis needs to be repeated weekly or periodically
• Identify new ways of looking at the data, or problems, and present the approach and output
• Providing the business team with ad-hoc, or regular reporting to support ongoing operations supporting BAU request alongside projects
What do you know that makes you a great Marketing Analyst?
• Experienced Analyst with excellent skills in Excel and Visualisation tooling – ideally Power BI (but tableau, looker etc acceptable)
• Experience working with data cubes and also be able use tools such as SQL or other languages to get access to data. You will be experienced with working from a data warehouse environment. We currently use Microsoft SSAS (cubes, Power pivot, Power view, Excel) SQL and Knime as our main analytical tools.
• An undergraduate degree that has a strong analytical bias
• Articulate and confident when presenting the output of your work
• Highly data and statistical driven rather than gut feel
• Capable of clarifying business hypothesis and apply analytical technique to test them Capability to interpret data and drive business conclusions
• Good problem solving ability
• Good communicator
Salary Up to £40k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.