Senior IT Support Technician
IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading insurance company who has a great opportunity for an Senior IT Support Technician to join this well established team based in Gibraltar. As an IT Senior Support Technician, you will form a senior part of the support team with an emphasis on providing support to the company’s operations.
What is the plan for the Senior IT Support Technician role?
The role will involve supporting all aspects of the company’s IT setup from fixing and setting up workstations, through basic server administration to supporting key applications. The role is to provide technical and behaviour support to support technicians as well as supporting the Support Team Leader in providing a first class support service.
What will you do as a Senior IT Support Technician?
- Be a senior presence in the support team and take responsibility for the resolution of all IT issues, identifying the cause of the issue and resolving it efficiently
- Perform deployments of new equipment
- Manage software upgrades and auditing
- Maintain a good understanding of the company’s IT infrastructure
- Administer and control the recording and progressing of all IT support issues/ requests
- Modify existing infrastructure in response to changing business requirements
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements to the IT systems and infrastructure
- Participate in Infrastructure improvement projects
- Provide support and assistance to less experienced members of the team
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
What do you know that makes you a great Senior IT Support Technician?
- Experience in a similar 2nd line helpdesk role
- Knowledge of latest MS Office suite
- Knowledge of MS Windows server
- Knowledge of Networks and network technology
- Knowledge of Service Management techniques
- Knowledge of ITIL Service management preferred
You will already live in the local area
Salary circa £24k - 29k based on experience