RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Automation Test Engineer to join a successful and diverse gaming operation with online betting and gaming websites. Due to their continued success and expansion in the UK and abroad, our client is on the lookout for enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated people who want to begin or continue their career in the online gaming industry. In return our client offers a diverse and exciting working environment and comprehensive training and support that actively encourages our people to develop and work up the organizational structure. In addition, an excellent benefit package is on offer that rewards their employees for their loyalty and hard work.
What is the plan for the Automation Test Engineer role?
The Test Development Engineer (Automation) is maintaining end to end automation testing frameworks across all company verticals and websites in order to achieve excellent quality ensuring service is always running at its optimal capability in alignment to capacity and performance KPIs. The role owner is responsible for all digital and retail related automation testing activities across company products and systems.
This role ensures that the automation testing activities are aligned with the development and business needs. You are responsible for in-house automation test development of applications for core code libraries and automation scripting in addition to managing automation testing deliverables from suppliers and internal development teams. This role ensures that the automation testing activities are aligned with the development process and the quality of the product is not affected from automation testing perspective. The role owner will work closely with product designers, business analysts, technical leads, software engineers, operations, and data engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
What will you do as a Automation Test Engineer?
• Responsible for defining QA automation strategy, approach and execution by effectively working across product and development
• Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of automation testing.
• Ensure that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the automation strategy as defined
• Provide innovative, effective, and efficient automation practices and solutions to achieve speed of delivery to market with increased quality on company products
• Create and maintain robust automation scripts across all desired products including web and mobile to continually drive quality
• Advise internal and third party suppliers on automation testing activities as per business needs and manage relationships ensuring SLAs and quality of service agreed with the business is met
• Work closely with internal QA teams, application development, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups to establish automation testing needs
• Run automation tests on company products on a daily or weekly basis reporting to agreed distribution lists and business owners
• Collect automation test metrics from various tools across the company products and inform the relevant parties on the results and next steps and recommended actions based on any decrease on automation coverage
• Provide estimations with an expected completion date for project and BAU activities
• Develop and maintain automated scripts according to requirements
• Reports defects in bug tracking systems
• Schedule and execute automated scripts
What do you know that makes you a great Automation Test Engineer?
• Technology related degree Level or higher Qualification
• ITIL or similar certified
• At least 2 years experience as Test Development Engineer or other similar roles
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes
• Good knowledge of automation and performance testing techniques and market wide understanding of different tools and methods used to do automation and performance needs.
• Good knowledge of the software testing lifecycle (component integration testing, system testing);
• Excellent programing skills including proficiency in one of these languages – Java,HTLM5,PHP
• Running experience using TestNG, Maven, Spring
• Running experience using Selenium
• Running experience with CI tools as Jenkins
• Running experience with Version Control tools as GIT / Bitbucket
• Experience with testing both backend services and user interface
• Ability to understand business and functional requirements and to perform requirements analysis
• Experienced with web services
• ISTQB - CTFL Desirable
• Running experience with Ticket systems as Jira
• Running experience with Wiki systems as Confluence
Salary £40k - £45k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.