RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Sportsbook Operations Manager to join a household name in the Online Gaming Sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the Sportsbook Operations Manager role?
Grandstand is designed to set up and mobilise teams to enable the delivery of real time relevant sports communications and stimuli to involved customer groups as the action happens, to drive activity, customer excitement and continued engagement with the sporting day at the company.
As a Sportsbook Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the scheduling and execution of the daily sports betting experience across the company’s digital platforms.
From banners and betting display orders to PUSH messages and tweets – you will be supported by a team of content editors, CRM and Social Media execs in managing the ebb and flow of our customer’s betting experience through the daily sports betting schedule.
Your challenge will be to take our trading product - markets and odds - and directly sell them to our active audience by directing a team of channel specialists and using a variety of content tools and messaging mechanisms. You’ll be driving customer engagement through the display and delivery of our betting opportunities to the audience at the times they are most likely to want to take advantage of them– as the action unfolds, in real-time!
With a passion for sports betting, your role will be to ensure that our headline proposition and customer experience is relevant, accessible, engaging and industry leading at all times. Having the ability to respond to changes in real time and adapt your plans as appropriate will be a key part of the role.
What will you do as a Sportsbook Operations Manager?
As a Sub Editor, your shift pattern will ensure that you retain responsibility for the planning of the betting narrative that will support tomorrow’s busiest betting windows, identifying key ‘trigger points’ that are likely to drive grandstand action. On the day itself, you’ll be responsible for managing the team set to deliver that customer experience in real time, pre, during and between the key events of the day.
Planning and Scheduling:
Creation and ownership of the ‘playbook’ - the schedule for tomorrow’s customer experience across both digital platforms:
• Detailed listing of all sports fixtures including identification of those high profile events for which the ‘grandstand’ service will take over the site experience
• Overlay all know ATL and BTL free bet campaigns and trading price offers to create the bonus fulfilment schedule for the day
• Detailed planning of all site content areas dedicated to Grandstand:
1. Homepage banner carousel
2. Individual Sport Homepage banner carousels
3. Default homepage display selection (featured/in-play etc.)
4. ‘Featured’ content choices
5. In-play default display orders
• Preparation of all the expected onsite creative banner inventory to support Grandstand events
Real Time Management of the Customer Experience:
Your job will be to oversee the execution of the playbook AND the evolution of real time content and customer messages as the sequence of events unfolds in-play through the Grandstand schedule.
• Orchestrate the control of all the site content dedicated to Grandstand as per the schedule and in consideration of the events and scenarios unfolding within those events
• During in-play Grandstand events, identify the ‘popular’ betting opportunities (both those already available and those requested in addition from trading) and ensure they are positioned prominently within the customer journey:
1. Homepage/Sport Homepage banner carousel
• Identify opportunities to message winning customers with opportunities to place additional related bets. E.g. Harry Kane scores first, message those customers with price for him to score a hattrick
• Oversee the Performance Social media team in their engagement of the audience with timely and relevant prompts of our betting opportunities
• Bonus fulfilment. You will drive the process of identifying and uploading all customer free bets and bonuses in real time using Openbet and other internal system tools
• Identify and communicate to those customer groups who benefit from trading offers including extra places, enhanced place terms, price boosts, enhanced multiples, cash out, BOG/BOG+
• Supplement and support known TV advertising schedule with coordinated onsite messaging and BTL messaging content – PUSH, Text, Social - to drive conversion and call to action
The Grandstand concept is a new one for our business and the ongoing evaluation of the way it works , and optimising the outputs from week to week will be a key ingredient of its success.
You will participate in/lead weekly reviews of the impact of the initiative and will be expected to have a view on the results, the mechanics and the ways in which we can improve the offering to our customers.
• Monitoring and outperformance of actives and active spend per head vs key competitors, also measured by reduction in alternative wallet usage in last 7 days index
• High level pricing and market availability benchmarking the company’s competitiveness in primary and promotional markets during main live events, providing feedback to trading product owners where opportunities.
What do you know that makes you a great Sportsbook Operations Manager?
• Extensive subject matter expertise in sports betting is essential
• Previous experience of having worked within a trading environment would be beneficial
• Previous experience of having worked within Sportsbook content, CRM and Social Media would be beneficial
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving capability
• You will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, making decisions quickly and according to agreed guidelines
• The ability to work under pressure is key – both individually and as a leader of a team
• Ability to learn quickly, take on new instructions and guidelines and apply those to your daily work will be essential
• A high attention to detail is essential
• Your role will demand flexibility in your approach to working hours with extensive evening and weekend work required
Salary circa £40k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.