Junior Data Analyst
IT Internet and Technology - Marketing, PR and Web Design
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Junior Data Analyst to join a household name in the Online Gaming Sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the Junior Data Analyst role?
As Junior Analyst you will be responsible for providing support to the Senior Analyst in the execution of marketing mix modelling, initially centred upon data collection, data centralisation and data integrity analysis. Although with time and training our ambition is for the successful candidate to develop into a more advanced role within the Gibraltar team including extraction of data using SQL code, delivery of insights and presenting to organisational stakeholders.
You will be expected to work proactively with the rest of the BI, Product and Marketing teams as well as interact regularly with our agency suppliers.
What will you do as a Junior Analyst?
• Report on historical facts
• Understand relationships between data
• Data preparation: define, transform and structure data so that the data is ready for analysis
• Monthly data collection to ensure that the analytics data repository is up to date and correct
• Interacting with data providers, both internally and those from our agencies, to maintain the flow of data
• Data integrity checks including descriptive statistics (averages, correlations, cost pers, ratios, etc.) to maintain the quality of data by highlighting discrepancies with data previously sourced
• Proactive communication with data stakeholders when issues with data are uncovered
• Identify new ways of looking at the data, or problems, and present the approach and output
• Learn new analytical skills and techniques to demonstrate progression
What do you know that makes you a great Junior Analyst?
• A Level in quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Economics, Physics, etc.
• BSc in an analytics related subject preferred but not a pre-requisite
• Excellent skills in Excel with experience using functions such as vlookup and organising data using pivot tables
• Experience with VBA code and/or working with macros within Excel is preferred but not essential
• Capability to interpret data and drive business conclusions
• Passionate about business intelligence, data analysis and reporting
• Keen learner who looks to always improve and develop oneself
• Articulate and confident
• Good problem solving ability
• Ability to work across functions
• Good communicator
• Previous experience of working in the gaming sector preferred
Salary circa £30k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.