IT Internet and Technology - Marketing, PR and Web Design
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Data Analyst to join a household name in the Online Gaming Sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the Data Analyst role?
As an Analyst you will be responsible for the delivery of insights, analytical tools and presentations to organisational stake holders and to business leaders. Focused on business domain areas assigned.
The role is to perform analysis and produce prototype reporting. The key part to the role is to prepare, transform, apply descriptive analysis and in particular transform and interpret data. To prepare, present ideas and analysis to key stakeholders to be able to persuade them of the use of the data and analytical tools.
You are expected to proactively work with the rest of the BI team to support and enable them to meet their KPIs and new propositions. The role is to perform descriptive, statistic, deep dive analysis and produce prototype reporting.
What will you do as a Data Analyst?
• Answer business questions using data and analytic techniques, providing fact based responses
• Data preparation: define, transform and structure data so that the data is ready for analysis
• Able to Structure campaigns to be able to deliver business insight on the performance through lift modelling
• Deployment and roll out of analytical solutions developed with the Central BI team
• Support the Business leaders on business domains the role is assigned using analytical tools and solution provided by the central BI team
• Use control groups and confidence testing to deliver new cause and effect insights from Campaigns
• Prototype reports
• Work effectively with business counterparts to conceive, specify, pilot and implement analytical applications and tools
• Use abstract thinking and problem solving skills to identify business opportunities and pinpoint problems
• Report on historical facts
• Create new measures and dimensions within the data as needed to solve the problem at hand
• Work to continually improve creative techniques, performance and output/productivity levels
• Carry out descriptive analysis to a level where you can demonstrate you understand the problem area
• Transform business questions into an analytical plan, select the right analytical technique and tool to deliver an answer that satisfies the person(s) who asked the questions
• Demonstrate the value of your analytical outputs in terms of decision making improvement
• Educate business users and leaders on how to measure performance
• Scope and execute analytical projects to meet the needs of the business stakeholders
• Drive those analytical projects though to delivery and embed them within the organisation
• Work with your business leaders and teams in the business to meet their analytical need and support ad-hoc requests
• Look for ways of working with the rest of the BI team to fully automate where the same analysis needs to be repeated weekly or periodically
• Work with developers to operationalize and fully automate any accepted piece of analysis
• Prototype (craft) reports but ensure that become automated by driving through the reporting team
What do you know that makes you a great Data Analyst?
• BSC in an analytics related subject
• Experienced Analyst with excellent skills in Excel
• Experience working with data cubes and also be able use tools such as SQL or other languages to get access to data. You will be experienced with working from a data warehouse environment. We currently use Microsoft SSAS (cubes, Power pivot, Power view, Excel) SQL and Knime as our main analytical tools.
• An undergraduate degree that has a strong analytical bias
• Articulate and confident when presenting the output of your work
• Highly data and statistical driven rather than gut feel
• Capable of clarifying business hypothesis and apply analytical technique to test them
• Capability to interpret data and drive business conclusions
• Good problem solving ability
• Ability to work across functions and locations
• Understanding of financial reporting including income statements and performance dashboards
• Good communicator
Salary £35k - £40k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.