RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a QA Manager to join a household name in the Online Gaming Sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the QA Manager role?
QA Manager is responsible for all digital related testing activities by managing a team of QA Leads and Analysts across the company verticals and websites in order to achieve excellent quality ensuring service is always running at its optimal capability in alignment to capacity and performance KPIs.
The role owner is responsible for all digital testing activities in responsible areas across the company including gaming, sports, games delivery and system applications built in html, wrapper, hybrid or native, third party products and in house developed games across all verticals.
QA Manager is also responsible for supporting and supplying any information needed for automation and performance activities carried out by the software development engineers in test teams. The role is instrumental in defining the holistic digital testing strategy working very closely with all internal development verticals both in house and for products delivered by the company software suppliers.
What will you do as a Digital QA Manager?
• Responsible for defining overall QA strategy for gaming, sports, games delivery and systems, where approach and execution is effectively managed by working across product and development
• Be accountable for all digital testing projects, mentor and provide leadership to the QA Leads and Analysts
• Provide strong leadership that mentors and develops the team by; providing development, coaching, objectives and goal setting, performance management and other people policies as required ensuring the team is motivated, productive and fully compliant with all regulations and legislation
• Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of manual testing.
• Establish a strong presence as a change agent providing innovative, effective, and efficient manual testing practices and solutions to achieve speed of delivery to market with increased quality on company products
• Advise internal and third party suppliers on QA activities as per business needs and manage relationships ensuring SLAs and quality of service agreed with the business is met
• Work closely with application development, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups to establish QA testing needs and processes in order to fulfil all agreed business needs
• Provide insight into QA bottlenecks across company digital products by leveraging the use of automation and performance testing needs and working closely with the software engineering development in test teams in order to achieve them
• Weekly or daily reporting on QA tasks and performance, as per the business needs, so the overall product quality can be monitored and improved in terms of test execution, defect matrices and executive summaries
• Identify test scenarios by working with development and incident teams and implement them in a timely and agreed manner by introducing them into the testing development roadmap which defines the team plan
• Provide estimations where needed to ensure the business is provided with an expected completion date for project and BAU activities
• Deliver timely and high quality delivery of responsible products as per the agreed KPI and ensure communication with all stakeholders is well established where expectations are clearly defined on a daily basis
• Plan all testing activities according to product roadmap in order to manage business expectations
• Maintain business prioritisation on products is achieved by delivering on agreed standards and communicate effectively where any blockers are met in order for business to reprioritise accordingly
• Maintain high team morale and team spirit during peak times so quality of products are not compromised by introducing team social events and continuous team bonding exercises
• Establish high quality assurance measures and testing standards for new and existing products in line with the business
What do you know that makes you a great Digital QA Manager?
• Technology related degree Level or higher Qualification
• ITIL or similar certified
• ISTQB / CTFL certified
• Good understanding of gaming and sports content including gaming suppliers and backend systems within the online gaming industry
• Knowledge of compliance standards within the gambling industry
• Experience in managing and mentoring a team of QA Leads and Analysts, Senior QA Analysts and SDETs
• Ability to create buy-in from senior management and key stakeholders on all testing activities
• Ability to recruit and conduct formal interviews
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes
• Ability to prioritise and adapt rapidly to changing business conditions
• Detail focused but able to maintain progress
• ISEB Foundation in Software Testing
• Experienced in using JIRA and Confluence
Salary Up to £50k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.