RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a FP&A Manager to join a leading online betting and gaming company, with a strong track record of digital innovation. As a pure online business with a mobile first ethos that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the leisure betting and gaming market; they have sustained rapid growth over the last few years and are expanding further.
What is the plan for the FP&A Manager role?
As the FP&A Manager you will report to the Head of FP&A and be responsible for the delivery of planning, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data to organisational stakeholders and business leaders to support and improve decision making within the business.
The key responsibilities of the role will be to ensure the team identifies, maintains, evaluates information and presents analysis outcomes with any recommendations to key stakeholders whilst ensuring the team delivers all periodic weekly and ad-hoc reporting.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A in Gibraltar, you will also be accountable to relevant stakeholders within the business, including but not limited to the Brand Director, Head of VIP and Head of Sportsbook Operations and the Head of Gaming. The FP&A Manager is expected to lead their team and work proactively with the other FP&A Managers and teams, the BI team, Product and Marketing teams across the business to meet all identified information requirements.
What will you do as a FP&A Manager?
• Ensure the delivery of all weekly/periodic/ad-hoc reporting and analysis
• Brand including but not limited to Business Review, Weekly Trading Report, Weekly Group Dashboard and Source of Funds/Self- Exclusion Reporting by using relevant data sources including the Strategic Data Warehouse systems. Reports are to including relevant and insightful commentary, taking responsibility for ensuring that it is accurate and delivered according to deadlines
• Lead the brand budgeting, planning and reforecasting processes by identifying and modelling key business drivers, utilising a number of approaches, including but not limited to, current and historic trends and regression analysis. You add business input and insight where necessary
• Effectively managing the Senior FP&A Analyst and FP&A Analyst, ensuring all day to day tasks are carried out to a high standard and support is provided where necessary.
• Co-ordinate the initial and any subsequent daily re-phasing of the brands budget and reforecasts into the Strategic Data Warehouse systems, ensuring all known events are taken into account within the daily forecast, relevant stakeholder or business leader sign-off prior to upload and accuracy of data provided to BI team
• Coordination of quarterly Group Investor Relations data for the brand, working with key stakeholders and business leaders across the business to ensure insightful and relevant information provided to Group deadlines
• Lead Marketing support across the brand, working with Financial Control team to ensure accurate capture of costs as well as analysis and reporting of all key marketing trends and drivers including CPAs, FTDs while supporting periodic approval process
• Lead the FP&A team in undertaking a periodic detailed review of actuals vs. budget, reforecast and expectations to highlight variances and trends for further detailed deep-dive analysis in conjunction with relevant business area or BI
• Undertake any ad-hoc analysis in conjunction with key stakeholders and business leaders to understand key drivers and any financial impacts. Analysis will including periodic reporting of actual performance vs. regression analysis
• Undertake tracking and analysis of new projects or initiatives to ensure that they are delivering against set key measures of success. Ensure all variances are clearly understood and explained
• Work with other members of the FP&A team or throughout the wider business to develop tools, models and processes that improve the analytical capabilities of the FP&A team. In addition, developing the effectiveness and insight generated by financial analysis to continually enhance and improve analysis provided
What do you know that makes you a great FP&A Manager?
• Qualified accountant or Qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
• Previous experience working in a similar role
• Demonstrable effective leadership or coaching skills
• Understanding of financial reporting including income statements and performance dashboards
• Excellent Excel skills
• Experience using databases and dashboards desirable but not essential
• Previous experience in leading budgeting, business planning and forecasting
• Ability to manage and manipulate large volumes of data
• Proactive in looking for opportunities to drive improvements
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with capability to interpret data and drive conclusions and recommendations
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision
• Good presentation and written communications skills, in particular articulate and confident when presenting the output of your work
Salary Up to £75k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.