RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Analyst to join a leading online betting and gaming company, with a strong track record of digital innovation. As a pure online business with a mobile first ethos that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the leisure betting and gaming market; they have sustained rapid growth over the last few years and are expanding further.
What is the plan for the Senior Data Analyst role?
As a Senior Analyst you will be responsible for the delivery of insights, analytical tools and presentations to organisational stake holders and to business leaders into business Domain areas you are aligned with. This is a general Analytics role and thus expected to work across business domain areas that require the support, but also specialise where requested or needed.
The role is to perform descriptive, statistic, deep dive analysis and produce prototype reporting. The key part to the role is to prepare, transform, apply analytic technique and in particular interpret data. To prepare, present ideas and analysis to key stakeholders and persuade them of the use of the data and analytical tools. You will be able to build up domain knowledge quickly and perceived as credible by your counterparts in the business function you are working with.
You will be expected to roll out and use analytical tools produced by the central BI team.
Reporting to the Analytics Manger and accountable to business functions you are aligned you are expected to proactively work with the rest of the Analytics, BI, Product, trading and Marketing teams to support and enable them to meet their KPIs and new propositions
What will you do as a Senior Analyst?
• Answer business questions using data and analytic techniques, providing fact based responses
• Data preparation: define, transform and structure data so that the data is ready for analysis.
• Define hypothesis/null hypotheses to be tested
• Senior stakeholder management
• Gain agreement and support for analytical approaches and solutions amongst business stakeholders
• Analytics across all digital brands
• Help to shape the direction and Alignment of Analytics across the company, supporting the Heads of BI and analytics management team
• Use control groups and confidence testing to deliver new cause and effect insights.
• Develop high standards that are sold in and used across BI
• Work effectively with business counterparts to conceive, specify, pilot and implement analytical applications and tools
• Use abstract thinking and problem solving skills to identify business opportunities and pinpoint problems
• Report on historical facts
• Mentoring and Line management responsibility (as and when required) for analysts in the team
• Create new measures and dimensions within the data as needed to solve the problem at hand.
• Understand relationships between data
• Apply univariate and Multivariate analysis to understand which variables hold predictive signals.
• Segmentation of entities such as products and customers
• Transform business questions into an analytical plan, select the right analytical technique and tool to deliver an answer that satisfies the person(s) who asked the questions
• Demonstrate the value of your analytical outputs in terms of decision making improvement and underling revenue or customer behaviour impact
• Drive analytical projects though to delivery and embed them within the organisation
• Work with your business leaders and teams to meet their analytical need and support ad-hoc requests
• Diagnosis of issue impacting conversion rates and analysis of conversion Chat teams performance (example)
• Identify new ways of looking at the data, or problems, and present the approach and output
• Providing the business team with ad-hoc, or regular reporting to support ongoing operations
• Work with BI developers to operationalize and fully automate any accepted piece of analysis
• Understand how advanced analytic technique and application, such as decision trees and clustering techniques can help to solve business problems
What do you know that makes you a great Senior Analyst?
• BSC in an analytics related subject
• Experienced Analyst with excellent skills in Excel and have experience of using some other analytical packages, for example; KMIME, Statistica, R, SAS Miner or SAS enterprise guide
• Good understanding of business process within online gaming
• Strong understanding and experience working with of transactional data sets as well as data set such site and click stream analytics with billions of data records
• Demonstrate Analytical Leadership skills
• Strong application of descriptive analytics and statistical techniques
• Strong presentation skills; able to simplify and articulate complex domain areas to senior stakeholders
• A good knowledge of Sport and Interest in Sports betting
• SQL Skills
• Experience working with data cubes and also be able use tools such as SQL or other languages to get access to data. You will be experienced with working from a data warehouse environment. We currently use Microsoft SSAS (cubes, Power pivot, Power view, Excel) SQL and Knime as our main analytical tools
• Articulate and confident when presenting the output of your work
• Highly data and statistical driven rather than gut feel
• Capable of clarifying business hypothesis and apply analytical technique to test them
Salary Up to £60k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.