BI Project Manager
IT Internet and Technology
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a BI Project Manager to join a leading online betting and gaming company, with a strong track record of digital innovation. As a pure online business with a mobile first ethos that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the leisure betting and gaming market; they have sustained rapid growth over the last few years and are expanding further.
What is the plan for the BI Project Manager role?
As a BI Project Manager within the BI Roadmap and Delivery team, you will be responsible for the delivery of projects and small changes from inception to service introduction and closure, within the BI team and to our external customers in line with the BI strategic goals.
You will be responsible for delivering all assigned projects and small changes to agreed budget, timelines and quality, through excellent planning, control and communication whilst maintaining professional relationships with all project stakeholders.
You will be expected to manage several assigned projects and changes concurrently, be a self-starter and be able to manage and prioritise your time effectively.
You will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of the BI processes to support more efficient, repeatable and successful delivery of BI projects.
Reporting to the Head of BI Roadmap and Delivery, you will be expected to proactively work with other BI Roadmap and Delivery team members, BI teams, the wider company Digital and Retail business and 3rd part suppliers, across several geographical locations (Gibraltar, UK, Israel, Philippines) to drive projects through to completion on time, budget and to the required quality.
What will you do as a BI Project Manager?
• Gain agreement of and socialise the project’s vision and objectives
• Define and establish the cross-functional team required to support the delivery of a project
• Utilise Business Analyst resources to ensure accurate definition and capture of detailed project requirements.
• In line with defined BI governance and Digital PMO governance, define and establish appropriate governance for the project, ensuring key stakeholders are appropriately engaged and the programme has the right level of oversight and decision-making
• Develop and maintain accurate project plans and exception plans; ensuring consistent application of project planning standards
• Lead, develop, coach and inspire the project team (both dedicated roles and part-time / “business as usual” members and 3rd party suppliers) in the delivery of the project ensuring a relentless focus on quality, execution and achievement
• Authority and responsibility for effectively and efficiently running projects, delivering them from inception to closure
• Where appropriate, liaise effectively with PMO team for PMO lead programmes.
• Implementation of robust change control against baselined scope, milestones, outcomes and benefits
• Champion and drive quality standards to improve successful first-time product acceptance
• Co-ordinate the project team day-to-day, including (but not limited to) the business sponsor, 3rd party vendors, business analysts, BI development team, IT, Finance, the PMO team and Project Board members
• Manage the project(s) budget and support business stakeholders in the creation of business cases / capex proposals to support investment decision-making.
• In co-ordination with finance, retain responsibility for controlling costs, including the accurate and timely tracking of a project’s expenditure against agreed budgets
• Identify, plan for and manage to resolution project risks, issues and dependencies, including timely escalation in an appropriate manner and contingency planning when required
• Regularly and transparently communicate project statuses, including key risks, issues, actions and dependencies to project stakeholders in line with agreed timelines and standards. Establish the status reporting mechanisms necessary to support accurate and timely information updates
What do you know that makes you a great BI Project Manager?
• PMP and/or PRINCE2 accredited Project Manager
• Experience managing BI projects essential, preferably with experience spanning across multiple functions, to include: SDW development, testing, Cubes, Reporting, Analytics and Data Mining
• Experience managing multiple projects at once, across multiple geographical locations and with 3rd parties essential
• Online experience preferred, ideally gained within the online gaming industry
• Substantial experience of working within both Agile & Waterfall project management methodologies and associated tools and techniques such as: PRINCE2, PMP, Agile, Scrum or Kanban
• Experience with Project Management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, MS Excel
• Ability to manage both budgetary and resource requirements both internally and externally
• Proven track record of building and leading successful project teams in the management and oversight of complex projects with budgetary responsibility in excess of £1m+.
• Experience of managing third party suppliers
• Experience of managing projects within a highly changeable business where active prioritisation is required at all times
• Significant experience of release management and the software development lifecycle
• High levels of resilience and tenacity
• Experience in balancing & managing multiple internal ‘customers’ at a senior level (Credible and influential at Executive level) in the development and execution of complex projects.
• Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence; demonstrated ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives
• Strong oral and written communication skills which delivers messages clearly and confidently at all levels
Salary circa £36k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.