IT Internet and Technology - Online Gaming
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join a successful and diverse gaming operation with online betting and gaming websites. Due to their continued success and expansion in the UK and abroad, our client is on the lookout for enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated people who want to begin or continue their career in the online gaming industry. In return our client offers a diverse and exciting working environment and comprehensive training and support that actively encourages our people to develop and work up the organizational structure. In addition, an excellent benefit package is on offer that rewards our employees for their loyalty and hard work.
What is the plan for the Business Analyst role?
Leads the gathering of business requirements to establish business processes, application functionality, and technology solutions, translating those requirements into user stories and training plans, matching the needs of the business with the most appropriate solutions, and most appropriate analysis techniques.
What will you do as a Business Analyst?
• Leads the gathering, understanding, documentation and translation of the business requirements and user stories for the project, translating into detailed user stories (as appropriate), with supporting acceptance criteria and training strategies where required.
• Provide clear business requirements to tech leads and development team and communicate technical solutions back to the business
• Manage and prioritise product backlog based on dependencies and requirements from other projects
• Provide Business Process design and documentation expertise, recommend business process and/or system improvements using formal (and informal) techniques. Input into and help the development and implementation of these improvements / new processes in conjunction with the BA community or Head of Digital Delivery.
• Provide the project manager with accurate and measurable estimates for Business Analysis deliverables
• Ensure that all activities comply with relevant company operating model procedures, including relevant Service and Development Lifecycle Management, Project Lifecycle Management, Operations management and InfoSec policies
• Develop a broad understanding of company processes and applications and a deeper knowledge across an agreed portfolio to act as a Subject Matter Expert
• Provide expertise to assist Product owners and internal customer groups in identifying opportunities to maximize business value from existing technology and application landscape
• Provide Process & Application portfolio expertise to Service and BAU teams to assist in the filtering and prioritization of service activities and Change requests / Backlog reviews.
• Work with development and QA teams to ensure all stories are understood and appropriate test plans are developed
• Facilitate User Acceptance testing and customer signoff
• Manage issue gathering and resolution within a project environment ensuring that business requirements are met without compromising the integrity of the process improvement(s) or applications being implemented.
• Assist in the production of right-weighted business cases covering the development and implementation of business changes as necessary.
• Provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
What do you know that makes you a great Business Analyst?
• Experience of working in a Multi-channel digital or retail organisation and of working within a Matrix structure.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the successful application of the principles, methods, techniques and tools of various business analysis techniques.
• Detailed knowledge and experience in implementing IT related business projects, which involve multiple activities and streams of people from both IT and business teams using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Ability to transform data into insight and prioritise solutions that deliver maximum value.
• Experience in working with distributed technical development teams
• Technology development background an advantage
• The ability to write User Stories and Business Process documents according to a variety of recognised standards.
• A proven ability to translate technical designs and constraints to understandable business concepts
• Significant experience of working with 3rd parties for delivery of aspects of a solution
• Detailed knowledge and experience of Business Process engineering using a variety of recognised techniques.
• Good awareness of product development lifecycle – experience of marketing, customer insight, strategy and how this informs and drives product development.
• Technical or other relevant degree is an advantage.
• Business Analysis ISEB accreditation an advantage.
• Scrum Master/Product Owner qualification and Agile Scrum practical experience is an advantage
Salary £55k - £60K based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.