IT Internet and Technology
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a BI Engineer/DBA to join a successful and diverse gaming operation with online betting and gaming websites. Due to their continued success and expansion in the UK and abroad, our client is on the lookout for enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated people who want to begin or continue their career in the online gaming industry. In return our client offers a diverse and exciting working environment and comprehensive training and support that actively encourages our people to develop and work up the organizational structure. In addition, an excellent benefit package is on offer that rewards our employees for their loyalty and hard work.
What is the plan for the BI Engineer/DBA role?
The role of BI Engineer/DBA is to assist in delivering the strategic platform roadmap for BI and the 24 x 7 management of the BI Hardware and software platforms to support the day to day operations and strategic direction of BI within the business and safeguard BI SLAs.
The role requires a broad but deep knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack, underlying server and storage technologies, operating systems and network topologies.
There is a strong collaborative emphasis and it is crucial to build strong working relationships with Microsoft SQL Server support partner and the in house infrastructure team to ensure that architectural elements are optimally provisioned and that the necessary monitoring and alerting processes are implemented to mitigate for unnecessary service outages and resolve any issues that should arise.
Implementation of group security and database access policies will also be required.
There is a need to plan and orchestrate routine housekeeping tasks specifically for SQL server databases and associated storage systems and ensure that full backup and recovery strategy is implemented.
There will be a need to engage in day to day performance tuning of database structures and code and design reviews to help developers implement performant code. Responsibilities will include optimising indexing, partitioning strategies for tables and the appropriate use of fail over clustering and availability groups.
What will you do as a BI Engineer/DBA?
• Day to day support of cutting edge Microsoft B I stack supporting an industry leading team delivering unique BI insight for the business.
• Collaboration with third party support partner, helping them monitor and support the BI architecture t keep it running optimally 24 x 7
• Help the Platform manager plan and implement the strategic platform delivery for BI based upon both technical merit and business value.
• Support for delivery teams by creating and managing environments optimally for development, test, UAT and production use.
• Capacity planning and resource allocation to support the delivery of the strategic BI roadmap
• Adoption of Agile best practices within the BI Platform team
• Ensuring maintenance, support and release processes are in place and followed
• Ensure backup and recovery processes are in place and optimal.
• Ensuing that architectural platform resources are optimally provisioned to support all aspects of BI delivery
• Database and SQL performance tuning and optimisation
• Implementation of group security and database access policies
• Implementation of processes to safeguard delivery SLAs and guarantee data accuracy and completeness.
• Analytics mind-set skills with the ability to turn a business question / problem into a delivery plan
What do you know that makes you a great BI Engineer/DBA?
• Degree in a computer science or related discipline
• MCSE for Server Infrastructure or BI desirable
• Previous experience of supporting large scale BI hardware and software architecture.
• Expert level Windows server administration knowledge
• Expert level Microsoft SQL Server BI stack administration knowledge
• Experience in provision multiple types of storage media
• Experience with relational and dimensional data modelling
• Experience of Performance tuning SQL Server databases and application SQL
• Experience of facilitating large scale data migrations
• Experience of collaborative party support partner relationships
• Previous experience and a good understanding of the BI development lifecycle
• An understanding of the industry standard best practice BI development and deployment principles
• Experience of delivering Robust BI backup and recovery solutions
• Good working knowledge of the online gaming industry and the where the commercial value of BI lies
Salary Up to £50k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.