Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long established and reputable insurance company who offer long term career growth, excellent salary, and a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact. The are looking for a Client Accountant to join the existing team and help with a few key clients.
What is the plan for the Client Accountant role?
Act as the focal point for managed insurance clients providing accountancy services, assist with compliance and company secretary services to agreed standards, supporting managed insurers in obtaining and retaining insurance licenses.
What will you do as a Client Accountant?
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Provide ongoing statutory and regulatory compliance through preparation and submission of various monthly, quarterly and annual returns ensuring local/EU requirements, particularly with regards to solvency calculations, are met.
- Maintain statistics for monitoring the insurance programme and claims development and other key ratios
- Provide suitable management information to managed insurers, including budgets and forecasts and monitoring of performance and reporting where performance deviates from agreed business plan or is not compliant with FSC requirements - Manage the audit process by acting as key contact and by providing all requested information to the company’s auditors -
Take responsibility for your own performance in respect of workflow and process flow ensuring that identified service standards are met at all times Identify and facilitate relevant training for yourself
- Be prepared to attend Board and committee meetings
- Assist in the management of the company’s assets, keeping abreast of interests rates and fixed income yields and obtaining the best returns available within the investment strategy
- The record keeping of all day to day transactions
- Ensure that all managed insurer information, internal procedure guides and other records are maintained and kept up to date
- Undertake international business travel as required to fulfil the above tasks.
What do you know that makes you a great Client Accountant?
- 2+ years accounting knowledge, including production of monthly management accounts, quarterly and annual returns, maintenance of books and records, preparation of business plans and projections
- Part or fully qualified CIMA / ACCA
- Sound understanding of the FSC regulatory regime and compliance requirements for managed insurers
- Good understanding of the reinsurance function and accounting for it Project management – working to deadlines Problem solving/trouble shooting
- Sound knowledge of internal/external (managed insurer) systems.
- Understand the banking system
- Understanding of money laundering regulations and their potential impact and on managed insurer clients
Salary circa £35k based on experience, an excellent package and private healthcare.