RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long established and reputable financial company who offer long term career growth, excellent salary, relocation assistance, and a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact. They are looking for a Financial & Securities Executive.
What is the plan for the Financial & Securities Executive role?
Manage all aspects of the security settlement process and company financials, including dealing with cash flow management, produce appropriate revenue reports & manage debtor control. Produce management reports as required. Liaise with Platforms, Custodians and Trustees as appropriate. Understand and work with Macros.
What will you do as a Financial & Securities Executive?
• Preparation and issue of trade instructions, verification of instructions (four eyes) and booking of trades (shared responsibility)
• Maintain spreadsheets to record executed trades and ensure the recovery of initial commissions due within stipulated deadlines.
• Dealing with all matters pertaining to corporate actions including providing information regarding CA in an understandable format and in a timely manner.
• Produce quarterly asset allocation report including YTD figures
• Maintain spreadsheets and record commissions and fees due to Company, Introducers and IFA’s.
• Merge Report statements reconciled and unreconciled
• Check new business cases and record
• Bank account reconciliation including company fx position review
• Overall responsibility for settling invoices
• Maintain debtor control spreadsheets for each revenue stream showing income due, received and outstanding payments to be collected.
• Prepare monthly Revenue, Expenditure and Net profit position reports for Directors
• Preparation of salary payments via HR & Group Accounts
• Raising and forwarding of client invoices for advisory portfolio management fees on the anniversary date(s) and ensuring collection of fees within 30 days of the invoice being issued.
• Produce quarterly report and arrange for Introducer fees to be paid
• Deliver quarterly statements to clients via portal and deal with ad hoc requests for valuations.
• Matching of trade confirmation’s between custodians & fund managers within agreed time frames including liaisons with custodians, fund managers and their administrators to ensure prompt resolution of any unmatched trades not settled 5 working days after trade date.
What do you know that makes you a great Financial & Securities Executive?
• Mature individual who is comfortable dealing with people at all levels within the organisation including senior management. Must be responsible, honest, trustworthy, tolerant and a good communicator who can empathise and get on with others and work as part of a team.
• Must be able to understand how to use an off the shelf accounts package to prepare monthly and annual P&L and Balance Sheet. Must have a good understanding of macros and how to utilise them in a business. Financial accuracy essential.
• Preferably from an investment, bank or IFA background must fully understand the securities purchase and settlement process. Must be able to work quickly and accurately to book and place trades. Must understand the nature of funds and associated fees and commissions. A good understanding and working knowledge of Bloomberg is essential
• Must be accurate, pay attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise and structure their work, ability to utilise available technologies including MS Office to maximise productivity, manage a heavy workload and meet strict deadlines
• Able to think “outside the box” to resolve complex issues – must think logically and clearly to address challenges and provide workable solutions.
• Must be able to reason and communicate clearly both within the team and across departments to achieve organisational objectives. Expected to communicate clearly with external parties to resolve any challenges/issues faced.
Salary Up to £30k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare