IT Internet and Technology
Costa del Sol
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Back-End Developer to join a leading online betting and gaming company based in Marbella, with a strong track record of digital innovation. As a pure online business with a mobile first ethos that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the leisure betting and gaming market; they have sustained rapid growth over the last few years and are expanding further.
What is the plan for the Back-End Developer role?
You will be part of the Software Engineering department which is responsible for delivering innovative software solutions in an agile environment to fulfil the company vision. You’ll be joining our eclectic team of talented dev guys, so your primary responsibilities will be based on your experience on Back-End development!
What will you do as a Back-End Developer?
● Build reusable code and libraries for future use
● Implementation of efficient and performant backend code
● Provide realistic estimates for requests, fixes and new ideas
● Cooperate with the multiple teams in implementing new functionality
● Ability to look at a problem and come up with practical solutions
● Write unit tests with mocked code
● Write clear and precise technical documentation
What do you know that makes you a great Back-End Developer?
● Key Skills / Competencies:
○ RESTful web services
○ Websockets / NodeJS
○ .NET (C#) / .NET Core, MVC
○ RabbitMQ / AMQP
○ Memory Caching layers such as Redis
○ IIS Web server
○ Use of MSSQL Relational DB / ORM technologies
● Able to plan and work autonomously and within a team
● Understanding of Agile methodology
● Deep understanding of source control and GIT Flow.
● Experience with JIRA is helpful.
● Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
● Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
● Experience with microservices would be considered an asset.
● Experience with client/server or N-tier architectures
● Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development
● 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment.
● A record of successful delivery of software solutions as an individual.
● Strong understanding of the software development cycle
● Strong development, time management, and problem solving skills
● Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
Salary €45k - €47k based on experience, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.