Finance Assistant –Settlements
Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading financial services company who has a great opportunity for a Finance Assistant in their settlements department to report to the Head of Finance. The company is a progressive and ambitious company who has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the Finance Assistant –Settlements role?
The holder of this position will have responsibility for inputting daily payments to Card Schemes with perfect accuracy and attention to payment cutoff deadlines. Also maintaining accounting records, performing daily bank reconciliations and month-end accounting tasks. The role will involve data input to maintain accounting records and reconciliations. To perform tasks under supervision as well as be able to assess work priorities using their own initiative. Being able to show professional judgment when completing payments & reconciliations, with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency. To perform the daily tasks consulting with various members of the Finance department, other Teams and with external parties.
Assist and provide cover for the processing of MasterCard and VISA chargebacks.
What will you do as a Finance Assistant?
• Downloading Visa & MasterCard settlement requests
• Inputting payments via online banking & updating accounting records
• Verifying all daily payments have been completed in time
• Daily bank reconciliations
• Month End reporting and reconciliations
• Assist other team members with month end reporting
• Other miscellaneous ad-hoc tasks as required by the senior management
What do you know that makes you a great Finance Assistant?
• Previous experience of payments and reconciliations essential
• Ideally the candidate will already be working towards their AAT qualification
• Previous experience of working in Financial Services preferred
• Knowledge of Oracle Financials, or other accounting software desirable
You will live locally
Salary £22k - £25k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.