24/7 NOC Operations Engineer
IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading egaming company who has a great opportunity for a NOC Operations Engineer. The company is a progressive and ambitious company who has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
Main responsibilities will be to assist the network and systems operation teams with monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of the environment. You will be supporting UNIX systems, windows systems, networking devices, Data Centre environmental conditions and integrated third party systems.
• To monitor and maintain the operational integrity of network equipment, servers, operating systems and critical services.
• Accurate recording and maintenance of all records relating to role, actions or procedures
• Problem management and escalation within guidance of standard operating procedures.
• Escalation of calls to other support teams or third parties as necessary.
• Work with third party suppliers to resolve any issues that they might have which are affecting our customer facing services.
• Carrying out routine system and network integrity checks to maintain effective service levels.
• Provide initial troubleshooting on issues, working closely with other technicians to resolve any issues in a timely and efficient manner.
• Produce detailed root cause analysis reports on all major incidents.
• Provide hands on support for systems within our Data Centre environment.
• Maintain awareness of our entire live environment, be aware of and provide a rapid response to any issues.
• Experience of working with a modern Data Centre, including monitoring of environmental conditions and critical power systems.
• Able to learn and adapt to new technologies through self-directed training.
• Ability to produce highly detailed documentation for technical procedures.
• ITIL aware
• Knowledge of network monitoring tools
• A Unix/Linux and windows skillset that will allow you to perform initial troubleshooting steps.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Understanding the concepts of a virtual infrastructure.
• Any previous experience in a NOC environment.
• CCNA / RHCA/ MCSE or equivalent.
• Experience with Cisco, F5 and Arista network equipment.
You will be required to work a 24/7 Shift pattern, working 2 Day shifts (12 hour), 2 night shifts (12 hour) with 4 days off.
Salary circa 25k plus bonus and healthcare.