Accounts Payable /Finance Clerk
Accountancy and Insurance
|RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading egaming company who has a great opportunity for an Accounts Payable /Finance Clerk. The role requires you to carry out the accounts payable process including accurate and on-time processing of invoices and payment requests in line with weekly payment runs and supplier payment terms. To assist the Finance team with general accounting duties
• Ensure that all invoices and payment requests have an approved purchase order and are checked to identify the correct invoicing entities and VAT rates.
• To ensure that invoices and payment requests are correctly approved through TAP in line with company authorisation schedule.
• To ensure that all invoices are coded to the correct cost centre and nominal account codes and that the appropriate VAT treatment is applied dependent on division and supply type.
• To ensure that invoices are processed to the ledgers in a timely and accurate fashion to expedite payments to the correct supplier ensuring payment within the agreed payment terms.
• To ensure that all payments are processed on the allocated day each week (Monday), and to minimise any exceptional adhoc payments.
• To investigate and correct duplications identified by the Fiscal technology software prior to weekly payment runs.
• To resolve queries for internal and external customers promptly, professionally and courteously.
• To complete CHAPS and EPR forms and obtain appropriate authorisation for all payments.
• To periodically reconcile supplier statements, ensuring that outstanding issues are resolved.
• To ensure monthly gaming revenue reports are supplied on time to third party game providers.
• To process weekly petty cash claims and provide timely reporting to ensure accurate allocation of costs.
• To provide periodic spend analysis including petty cash, expenses, travel and spend.
• Ensure accurate allocation of consolidated invoices including travel and telecoms.
• To issue purchase order numbers in line with the company authorisation schedule.
• To track expenses against budget.
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviour
• You will need to live locally
• 1-2 years experience in a purchase ledger environment
• Knowledge of profit and loss accounts
• Understanding of VAT
• PC Literate with basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Experience of meeting deadlines within an accounting timetable
• Experience of JDE accounting software an advantage
Salary 18k – 20k