IT Project Manager
IT Internet and Technology
|RecruitGibraltar are searching for an IT Project Manager to work closely with all aspects of the business (product development, IT Infrastructure, technical account management, development teams and operations), on a number of projects throughout development phase/release cycle or project duration.
There are a high number of concurrent projects to manage varying from completely new product development to ongoing enhancements to the existing offering or coordinating the system infrastructure deployments and upgrades. Projects vary in complexity and duration from simple 1 week projects to highly complex projects involving multiple stakeholders, systems, vendors and development teams. The projects are B2B so you will be dealing with customers and must be able to communicate and work well with third parties.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Project managing a range of projects - ownership of the entire project life cycle from inception to deployment and post-deployment support;
• Providing initial validation of incoming project requests, distinguishing those requiring further information and facilitating this with stakeholders and key management.
• Attend regular meetings with department heads and senior management to determine project priorities and communicate issues & risks with current projects.
• Creation and daily update of accurate project Plans.
• Upkeep of tasks and issues within a web-based project management tool;
• Weekly reporting of project progress, risks and issues;
• Day to day communication with internal & external development teams, IT Operations, account management and direct with stakeholders where applicable;
• Where appropriate, technical account management for customer integration issues
• Provide assistance and recommendations to constantly improve internal process methodologies.
The successful candidate will be required to interact daily with all areas and levels of the business. They must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage both external demands and internal constraints, balancing shifting day-to-day priorities with the longer term project work in this fast moving industry.
Candidates should be self-starters, with a high attention to detail and are comfortable with the highly technical nature the position entails. Much of the role is working closely with the systems analyst, developers, IT Operations, account management and stakeholders on day-to-day issues.
Mandatory skills and experience
• Proven project management experience gained in a fast-paced development environment, covering the full development life cycle with added experience managing IT infrastructure projects desirable (new infrastructure deployments & upgrades).
• Strong stakeholder management experience across a variety of levels (both internal and external), with excellent communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of working with Microsoft Project
• Knowledge of Agile, PRINCE 2 or other Project Management methodologies;
• Strong and consistent record of academic achievement.
Salary is circa 50k plus relocation package