RecruitGibraltar are searching for a Senior Business/Systems Analyst who will be a bright and enthusiastic individual to work within the IT Projects Department, which is responsible for providing services to its growing number of external customers.
The Senior Business/Systems Analyst is responsible for specifying the behaviour, organization, features, and characteristics of software systems and solutions based on a detailed investigation and study of user needs and requirements.
As someone who will be liaising with business drivers, end-users, and technical personnel, the analyst should possess excellent written and verbal English skills as well as have strong grasp of technical concepts while being able to convey these in practical terms to non-technical people.
The ideal candidate would have at least four years of experience in serving as a Business/Systems Analyst for different software development projects, with a strong grasp of the complex interplay of software systems while keeping abreast of technological developments.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Elicit user requirements and liaise with various project stakeholders to come up with a comprehensive and highly detailed specifications document of the project being undertaken.
• Lead or facilitate group interactions designed to extract important business practices and assumptions and translate these into actionable specifications.
• Conduct research, perform detailed analysis, and justify recommended solutions.
• Establish and maintain relations with various personalities, including developers, end-users, vendors, solution providers, and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be required to interact daily with all areas and levels of the business. They must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage both external demands and internal constraints, balancing shifting day-to-day priorities with the longer term project work in this fast moving industry.
Candidates should be self-starters, with a high attention to detail and are comfortable with the highly technical nature the position entails.
Mandatory skills and experience
• At least four years in a lead business/systems analysis role for software and web systems in an enterprise setting.
• At least two years of software development experience as programmer, QA/tester, or team lead/project manager
• Strong grasp of established and emerging technologies, systems, platforms, and software.
• Ability to understand, analyse and evaluate business processes.
• Creative, analytical, and with strong problem solving skills.
• Independent but collaborative, driven, assertive, and willing to work on simultaneous projects.
Salary is 40k - 50k plus relocation package