Transport in Gibraltar
Driving in Gibraltar
Car Parks can be found at Grand Parade (beside the lower cable car station), at Eastern Beach, Catalan Bay and Queensway, as well as a multi storey car park in the International Commercial Centre. Some street parking is also available on Line Wall Road, Corral Road, Devil's Tower Road, and Rosia Road. Much of the Town is pedestrianised and it is advisable to park outside the city walls.
Parking restrictions are strictly enforced and parking in unauthorised areas could result in your car being towed away or immobilised.
There is a cable car which runs from ground level to the top of the rock, and will carry 30 passengers to the Top of the Rock in 8 minutes although an additional stop of 2 minutes at the Middle Station (Apes Den) makes the entire trip last some 10 minutes.
The original Gibraltar Cable Car opened in 1966, however the Cable Cars in place today were purchased in 1986 when the entire Cable Car complex underwent a refurbishment.
Restrictions on transport introduced by the Spanish dictator Francisco Franco closed the land frontier in 1969 and prohibited any air or ferry connections although in 1982, the land border was reopened.
Lifestyle Links for Gibraltar
- Facts about Gibraltar
- General Information on Gibraltar
- Gibraltar Internet and E-Commerce Facilities
- Healthcare in Gibraltar
- Nightlife in Gibraltar
- Property in Gibraltar
- Recruitment agencies in Gibraltar
- Schools in Gibraltar
- Income Tax in Gibraltar
- Work & Residence Permits in Gibraltar
Jobs in Gibraltar
- Accountancy & Insurance jobs in Gibraltar
- Administration & Office jobs in Gibraltar
- Banking & Financial jobs in Gibraltar
- Customer service & Call Centre jobs in Gibraltar
- HR jobs in Gibraltar
- Insurance jobs in Gibraltar
- IT & Technology jobs in Gibraltar
- Legal jobs in Gibraltar
- Marketing, PR & Web Design jobs in Gibraltar
- Online Gaming jobs in Gibraltar
- jobs in Gibralter
- Sales jobs in Gibraltar
- Secretarial & PA jobs in Gibraltar
- Jobs in Gibraltar