Trainee Accountant - Accounts Assistant
Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a leading UK facing insurance company who is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression. They are looking for a Trainee Accountant / Accounting Assistant to support the Accounting team.
What will you do as an Accounting Assistant?
• Processing and bookkeeping of banking transactions.
• Help in general cash management
• Periodical reconciliation of client bank accounts.
• Posting of 3rd party bank account transactions.
• Help in the preparation of monthly accounting pack;
• General administrative duties such as scanning, photocopying, profiling, issuing documentation, research, filing etc;
What do you know that makes you a great Accounting Assistant?
• Previous experience in a similar accounting or finance role
• AAT part or fully qualified and a keenness to continue studying into ACCA
• Competence with accounting packages
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise own workload and high levels of work;
• Must be conscientious and able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently and as part of smaller core team;
• A flexible approach and an ability to recognise / adapt to changing business requirements;
Salary up to £20k based on experience plus study package.