RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long established and reputable gaming company who offer long term career growth and requires a Technical Project Manager primarily to manage a portfolio of projects for their retail and online applications requirements.
What is the plan for the role of the Technical Project Manager?
The Project Manager is expected to take responsibility for managing teams that will design and create fast, secure, reliable and highly usable applications. The role will involve working with teams of design, development, infrastructure, architect and database specialists. The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
What will you do as a Technical Project Manager?
• Work closely with management to understand the business requirement for the projects, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
• Work across the whole development department to lead the project team and ensure that all development projects are delivered within the timescales and to the quality expected.
• Define and manage changes in the project scope, goals and deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the projects, managing project dependencies, critical path and success criteria.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements and the expected timeframe of the Business.
• Drive industry leading standards and best practices across all projects, using appropriate tools where required.
• Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project, including internal team members, external consultant and suppliers.
• All reporting, including project progress, risks & issues analysis, Ad-hoc reporting
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and
influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
What do you know that makes you a great Technical Project Manager?
• A proven track record of successful project delivery within the Web development space.
• Experience of an online environment within a 24/7 business.
• Team management experience.
• Excellent stakeholder management.
• Experience of the whole project life cycle, gained within complex enterprise environments.
• Experienced using MS Project, Visio, Jira and similar project management tools.
• Ability to select and apply most appropriate project methodology to the situation.
• The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
• The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions.
• Additional hours may be required in meet project deadlines.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
Salary circa €60k - €65k based on experience with 20% bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.