RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a well established and reputable tech local company who has a great opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join this high performance team based in Gibraltar. The company is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What will you do as a Systems Engineer?
• Ability to design and build highly available systems and maintain a backup infrastructure
• Maintain ISP Infrastructure (FreeRadius, Bind, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, SMTP, Send mail, Postfix, Syslog)
• Developing monitoring and security systems (Nagios, Cacti, PRTG)
• Ability to support internal enterprise applications – Billing system, ticketing systems Kayako.
• Incident and problem analysis, progression and resolution.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with clear sense of ownership and priority
• On-call support
What do you know that makes you a great Systems Engineer?
• Linux Administration in a large organisation (Redhat/CentOS 6-7 & Ubuntu Server)
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and knowledge of Microsoft Server products such as Exchange 2010, AD, DNS, CA, Skype for Business
• VMware skills of VMware vSphere 6.5, maintenance, upgrade and migration.
• Scripting support – Bash Shell, HTML, PHP, Perl
• SAN and NAS implementations (FC/iSCSI/NFS/CIFS)
• SAN experience with Dell EMC VNX, Unity, NetApp.
• Networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
• Installation of physical hardware in the datacenter (servers, storage, cabling, subnets, VLANS, etc)
Salary range £35,000-£45,000 based on experience .