RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Site Reliability Engineer to join a household name in the Online Gaming Sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the Site Reliability Engineer role?
We are seeking a helpful and experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join an Infrastructure team. On any given day, the client is improving the scalability and resilience of their systems, driving adoption of best practices within an agile framework, and automating every process along the way. Therefore, a dynamic knowledgeable profile is desirable. We want you to push the technological boundaries, so well give you the freedom and the tools and stimulating working environment to allow you to deliver awesome technology
What will you do as a Site Reliability Engineer?
Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, development software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
Advertise DevOps culture.
Automation of processes and daily routines.
Work with development, testing, end users and others to identify and resolve bottlenecks in the path to production.
Provide technical direction to establish, align and evolve operational standards.
Troubleshooting and improving existing infrastructure and systems.
You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern with other engineers.
Support of a Linux production environment, including Operating System, Storage, Web Layers and Cloud Technologies and work in a DevOps oriented solution including tools such as Ansible, Docker, Terraform.
Design, implement and architect new solutions for the above environment.
Manage and monitor the services, including provisioning of new hardware, virtual machines and containers and analysing problems that impact services.
What do you know that makes you a great Site Reliability Engineer?
● Proven experience working in an infrastructure focused team.
● Experience working as UnixOps/DevOps.
● Experience analysing, troubleshooting, supporting and resolving issues within a multi-tiered application architecture, especially service-oriented and micro-services architecture requiring 24x7 availability.
● An appreciation for DevOps methods (communication, collaboration, integration & automation).
● Excellent knowledge of Linux, Cloud computing principles, Automation and auto provisioning tools.
● Strong focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability.
● Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently.
● Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Salary circa £50k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.