RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Ruby Software Engineer to join a successful and diverse gaming operation with online betting and gaming websites. Due to their continued success and expansion in the UK and abroad, our client is on the lookout for enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated people who want to begin or continue their career in the online gaming industry. In return our client offers a diverse and exciting working environment and comprehensive training and support that actively encourages their people to develop and work up the organizational structure. In addition, an excellent benefit package is on offer that rewards their employees for their loyalty and hard work.
What is the plan for the Ruby Software Engineer role?
We are looking for a talented software engineer for web with excellent server-side skills to join a self-organised digital development team in charge of highly performant web applications. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of web standards and developing API’s for web applications, as well as experience in collaborating on software projects.
You would be joining a small, nimble web development team that doesn’t buy into the hype, and simply focus on providing solutions that are highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable, and extensible.
You are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energising environment.
What will you do as a Ruby Software Engineer?
You will develop and code at all levels of various API applications, writing software with focus on great user experience, scalability and performance. We want you to play a key role in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets, turning feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions.
You’ll help us shape the internal software architecture and feature development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment. Development, operations, testing and others all work together to ship outstanding code to production.
Architect full-featured server-side applications using Ruby on Rails, Redis, MySQL,
Develop and code internal and external API’s for web applications, writing software with focus on performance and scalability.
Participate in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets, turning feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions.
What do you know that makes you a great Ruby Software Engineer?
• At least 3 years’ experience building API for websites.
• Expert in MVC web technologies and REST APIs.
• Strong experience with at least one of the dominating scripting languages for web - Ruby, PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJs. We tend to use Ruby a lot.
• Passionate about web development – you are familiar with all aspects of MVC web applications and at ease on server side, applying the most adequate pattern in the right situation.
• Comfortable working across the stack and understanding how all the pieces fit together (front-end, middleware, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
• Performance and optimisation experience on server side.
• You have interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches on many of the core systems and user flows.
• A solid engineer – you find something magical about solving problems with elegant but simple solutions. You have deep knowledge of OOP and design patterns and are a good problem solver with attention to detail and critical
Salary £38-£48k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.