IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading egaming company who has a great opportunity for a NOC Engineer to join this high performance team based in Gibraltar. The company is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the NOC Engineer role?
This service is responsible for 24/7 monitoring of the Network Operations Centre (NOC). Main responsibilities will be to assist the network and systems operation teams with monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of the environment. You will be supporting UNIX systems, windows systems, networking devices, Data Centre environmental conditions and integrated third party systems.
What will you do as a NOC Engineer?
• To monitor and maintain the operational integrity of network equipment, servers, operating systems and critical services.
• Accurate recording and maintenance of all records relating to role, actions or procedures i.e. Checklist, Updating incident cases etc.
• Problem management and escalation within guidance of standard operating procedures.
• Escalation of calls to other support teams or third parties as necessary.
• Work with third party suppliers to resolve any issues that they might have which are affecting our customer facing services.
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of working practices and procedures.
• Carrying out routine system and network integrity checks to maintain effective service levels.
• Provide initial troubleshooting on issues, working closely with other technicians to resolve any issues in a timely and efficient manner.
• Produce detailed root cause analysis reports on all major incidents.
• Provide hands on support for systems within our Data Centre environment.
• Maintain awareness of our entire live environment, be aware of and provide a rapid response to any issues.
You will be required to work a 24/7 Shift pattern, working 2 Day shifts (12 hour), 2 night shifts (12 hour) with 4 days off.
What do you know that makes you a great NOC Engineer?
• Experience of working with a modern Data Centre, including monitoring of environmental conditions and critical power systems.
• Able to learn and adapt to new technologies through self-directed training.
• Ability to produce highly detailed documentation for technical procedures.
• Positive and proactive thinker.
• ITIL aware.
• Ability to work to strict guidelines and timescales across multiple streams simultaneously, often having to act on your own initiative.
• Knowledge of network monitoring tools.
• A Unix/Linux and windows skill set that will allow you to perform initial troubleshooting steps.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Understanding the concepts of a virtual infrastructure.
Salary £25k - 29k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.